WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...new to watches and looking at Elgin pocket watches. Have info from serial numbers but would like to know estimation of value so I don't overpay. I have read that this is tough without seeing them, but even eBay doesn't have them. Do I just take the serial numbers to a local appraiser? Most of these are being sold 50-100 bucks, but they aren't collectors....just found them at garage sale in other things. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Hi all...new to watches and looking at Elgin pocket watches. Have info from serial numbers but would like to know estimation of value so I don't overpay. I have read that this is tough without seeing them, but even eBay doesn't have them. Do I just take the serial numbers to a local appraiser? Most of these are being sold 50-100 bucks, but they aren't collectors....just found them at garage sale in other things. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello RBefort,
Welcome to the American!
The idea of the forum is to kick around ideas and bounce watches off other
folks who have them or like that brand.
Elgin is a wildly popular brand here and if you see a particular
watch you like, grab a photo of it and show it here on the forum.

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/faqs-guidelines-rules/47067.htm#post424866

The issue becomes the wild price difference in watches, from the cheap to
the astronomical and everything in between so it really helps to see each watch
before making wild guesses.

Anyway, relax, look around and ask about any specific watch you may be interested,
chances are we have seen one like it.

G

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clock Material property Jewellery Circle Magenta

This has serial number L947161. Lady says 1946, but I think I got date differently from a database. She knows nothing about it...got it in a jewelry box from garage sale. has details listed of : I have a 1946 Lord Elgin pocket watch. It is 14 ct gold filled, has the run quality of 3000, size 14s, 21 jewelled, it is open face styled, flat finish, model number 5, setting is a pedant, 3/4 plate, going barrel, no adjusting, 4 positions adjusted , no rail road grade. Selling for $50

Also found : 1905 Serial: 12123703 Selling for $100

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Measuring instrument

Mainly looking for ones that would have great potential value that I could flip later for some cash, or maybe pawn off for a decent little return.

Saw a couple a guy was selling for $600-700 and thought I read these don't go near that high. Any input is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.