WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. At the moment I only have one Accutron in my collection but have bought and flipped several over the last few years. Here's a photo of my stainless steel 2181 N6 which for me is a keeper.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
That is definitely a keeper, looks NOS. Do you wear it much ?
The part I don't understand is how you can get rid of an Accutron.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking 218. My first Accutron in 1973 was a SS 2181 and I still like it. That case style is attractive. I bought two NOS cases and bands exactly like that. My cases were tagged, indicating an Accuquartz movement was originally installed. In one I have installed an Accuquartz dial with a conversion quartz movement - dealer or factory done. The other currently has a 2182 movement & dial. I don't have the proper crown for either so I am glad to see your pic with the crown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Great photos guys of some great watches. Here's some photos taken a while back of Bulovas and Accutrons that I once owned but have since sold. My collection mostly consists of vintage Seiko divers watches (about 40 of them or so) but lately my interest has been swinging back to vintage Bulovas, and in particular Accutrons. Some of these I regret selling but no going back now.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Great photos guys of some great watches. Here's some photos taken a while back of Bulovas and Accutrons that I once owned but have since sold. My collection mostly consists of vintage Seiko divers watches (about 40 of them or so) but lately my interest has been swinging back to vintage Bulovas, and in particular Accutrons. Some of these I regret selling but no going back now.

Very nice watches you had!

I have the exact same Accuquartz but in SS with dark grey dial and silver hands. Mine is a NOS watch and the one currently in the "Duel" with Sam2's Precisionist. The watch has lost about 2 seconds since Dec. 27th.

The other two-tone case I have in an "M0" date and with original band with inserts matching color of the dial. That one is currently away for service.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
CBRMIKE, you have sure had some beauties but it is never too late to resurrect them.
This thread has sure pulled some Accutrons out of the woodwork so here's one more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts