WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

New guy to the forum here. Been reading silently for a little while (I try not to read out loud...).

In NYC. Have several fine and several inexpensive watches, highlights being a Cartier Tank Francaise, Breitling Aerospace, a Baume & Mercier, plus a couple of Seikos and a few older pieces that were my grandfather's. (A Colt - ever heard of it?)

How often are there GTGs? I'm a member on a couple of guitar and bass forums and they usually have a section dedicated to GTGs.

Anyway, see you in the posts....

· Banned
27,654 Posts
Welcome! We have 2 annual GTG's - in May in NYC and in November in Tampa. You've probably noticed the post on the Tampa 2009 GTG since it just happened this past weekend. Post some pics of your collection. We :001_wub: pictures!

ps - don't worry about reading out loud. This is the internet. We wouldn't notice if your lips moved while posting either.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to ask the same thing. Leave it to one of us gearheads to wonder about that.

Yes.... I used to be an automotive journalist and also used to race cars (amateur and semi-pro road racing in IMSA, SCCA in Formula Ford, Formula Continental, showroom stock, GT2 and then instructed).

Back then, when people asked me "how ya doin?" I'd reply, "bouncing off the rev limiter of life!" Hence, revlimitbounce.

· Registered
4,485 Posts
Yes.... I used to be an automotive journalist and also used to race cars (amateur and semi-pro road racing in IMSA, SCCA in Formula Ford, Formula Continental, showroom stock, GT2 and then instructed).

Back then, when people asked me "how ya doin?" I'd reply, "bouncing off the rev limiter of life!" Hence, revlimitbounce.
thats a great saying and a great screen name, I race go karts and have some seat time in cars as well, I think you and I will get along great, are you a F1 fan by any chance? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a great saying and a great screen name, I race go karts and have some seat time in cars as well, I think you and I will get along great, are you a F1 fan by any chance? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Used to be a massive F1 freakazoid, especially when I first started racing in FF, FC and FA. Tailed off recently, with marriage, dog, kid, extra mortgage, extra kid, loss of job, newfound job, exhaustion.

I try to catch the races I can, but now I'm catching up by DVR and sometimes not even that. Will be paying attention to GT2 class next year here in the US and LeMans for professional reasons (my company is going back racing after a few years out of it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.