WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone...

Went in today and dropped off my "55" Bulova for service. Just had to look over his used Omega's and found this Speedmaster Reduced.

Well I grew "weak" and tried it on...and rest is history! Just serviced last month and received a 1 yr warranty. As a bonus....my Bulova gets cleaned ...serviced and timed ...free!:biggrin:

Watch is 39mm Movement is Caliber 1140.

Best

Bob

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
That's the classic Speedmaster Reduced. It has an ETA caliber with a DD chronograph module on it. Check the crown - you'll see it's on a slightly different plane than the pushers. Nice looking watch. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...all...

I like it...think I did OK on it... He has so many watches in his shop... felt like a 10 yr old in a candy store!

Parking no fun... San Francisco...had to keep running out feeding the meter..15 min time limit..!

Best

Bob

·
Banned
60 Posts
I'm confused...

Bob,
I see a couple of threads that both refer to "first Omega," and I see you bought a broad arrow model and a reduced auto model. Am I reading these threads correctly that BOTH watches were not working correctly? I would be stunned to see one of them not work, but for both to stop....amazing. I've owned several Speedmasters from 1963 to 2008 pros...some going without service for 2 or 3 decades...and all run and keep good time. I must be misunderstanding, but if the autos are giving you that much grief, I def. recommend getting a pro with the 861 or 1861.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Speedy...

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, the brand new Broad Arrow Speedy, Caliber 3301 was returned less then 24 hours after purchase, due to the fact that the second hand would work, the minute hand did not.

In a way, I am counting my Speedmaster Reduced now as my 1st Omega! For the this watch is keeping great time. Love it!

Most accurate watch I have owned so far. :biggrin:

Best

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts