WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been eyeballing the brand for awhile but just never seemed a good time to pull the trigger. Well I was bored today while my wife was shopping, and I saw this 2770 in a store so I tried it on. It looked good, felt good and seemed like a good time to ease myself into the brand. Im pretty happy about it.

Watch Analog watch Clock Gesture Watch accessory

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Not to mention it will probably be more comfortable for you when you bend your hand back because of that honkin' big crown & cap!
I'm glad you tried one on before pulling the trigger. Your decision can't be argued with if it's because you like the way it looks on you. That should ALWAYS be of prime consideration when buying an everyday-wear watch.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to mention it will probably be more comfortable for you when you bend your hand back because of that honkin' big crown & cap!
I'm glad you tried one on before pulling the trigger. Your decision can't be argued with if it's because you like the way it looks on you. That should ALWAYS be of prime consideration when buying an everyday-wear watch.
Yea I 100% agree with that, if it looks good and feels good, it makes the decision for me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why Invicta???

What makes you buy Invicta?
Is it because its cheap and affordable? Or the style and looks of the watch?
Or becauce you like the Invicta brand?:confused1:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well so far I only have one, as of right now I dont have a duplicate of any one brand (except my Gshocks), so I wouldnt say its just because I like the brand. The price tag on a watch is always relevant for me, but be careful who you are telling that these watches are cheap too. You have to remember that a few hundred dollars isnt chump change for everyone out there, for some people this is as good as its going to get, and they may not want people calling thier purchase cheap.

But to really answer your question, I buy to what suits my taste, on look and feel not on name. After all when I buy it, Im the one who will be wearing it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
But to really answer your question, I buy to what suits my taste, on look and feel not on name. After all when I buy it, Im the one who will be wearing it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!!

·
Registered
220 Posts

I am a Diver Watch, type of guy.
I have an attraction to all things mechanical.
In High School, the cars I drove were daily repairable's, 67_slant-6 FB/Cuda, 69_Mach-1, 72_Buick GS-400.
All of them were barely road worthy, when I first got them.

I'm fascinated by old aircraft radial engines.
I volunteer at the American Air Power Museum, just so I can help rebuild the, 2 Pratt & Whitney R-1830, for a 1939 PBY-4, flying boat.
PW R-1830 is a a two-row, 14-cylinder, air-cooled radial engine.

I am like a Magnet to Steel, all things mechanically complex.

Up until my 1st Invicta, all my watches were bought and serviced by a Jeweler.
I only touched them to put them on.

Then I bought a couple more for the Bezel's & Bracelets.
I learned through the internet, where and how to buy them.
The I-net led to me getting tools, and where to buy watch parts.
And, how to do what I used to pay a Jeweler, to do for me.

That gave me confidence to overhaul my 1st GD.
And turn a Challenge Coin, into a Dial, as a gift for a friend.

I have other watches in my collection.
Except to wear or a band adjustment / o-ring lube, I would not play with them.

Because of Invicta, I am enjoying aspects the exposure has led me too.
I just ordered an Alpha Daytona, Auto-Chrono, as soon as it gets here, I will my hands all over that movement.
As soon as I get my tax refund, I'm adding a Steinhart Ocean 2, Pure Art to me. that goes in with the others.

None of which would have happened with-out Invicta.

I prefer automatics, I do make exceptions for quartz, until I can figure out, how to swap them over.

My take is focused on Pro & Grand Divers.

The Look.
The Feel.
The Fit & Finish.
How the watch feels on my wrist.

The Price.
The Materials used in construction.
The Durability.

The Quality.
Yes I said Quality, not to be confused with QC.

316L Stainless Steel is an expensive material, the cutting tools that are used in high speed production machining are even more expensive.

For the Price on my Invicta Watches, it has the best combination of the above.
When I post that, sometimes people jump in and say, "what about this one or that brand".
Granted they are just as nice, but not at the same price point, usually a $100 or more.

When some-one does show me an equivalent, it's one single model.

With the PD & GD, I have over 800 to chose from, that I don't have to go to a Authorized Dealer for.
Options, Options, Options, that has value to me.

When it's on my wrist or in my hands, that is why Invicta for me.

As long as a company is not violating Human Rights or associated with illegal or immoral activities, it's just business.
How the company conducts it's business, marketing, distribution, where and whom it's suppliers & assembly are sourced, is of no matter to me.

For that, Caveat Emptor.

Respectfully, Tim.

Also, what's in a Name. For fun look-up:
The GM-350 that was an Oldsmobile gasoline engine converted to diesel.
Cadillac Cimarron.
Cadillac, 368, V-864.
Jaguar 1996-2001, Nikasil V8, 75k boat anchor, just Jag, everybody else got it right.
I am Proud to say, owning them all was a Great Educational Experience for me.

You get the idea.
And the beat goes on ,,,,, and the beat goes on.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome tragic, my first "real" watch was an Invicta, and this is one of the few places that won't paste you good for liking them. The pro divers are a great daily wear watches and I wear my 9094a frequently.

Nice post Timex, when going through my grandfathers stuff after he passed I found his Pratt and Whitney engine mechanic certificates from the army air corps during WWII. I think the R2800's if I remember. He worked on B-17's, P-47's, and P-51's in England, the when he was transferred to the Pacific he worked on P-51's and B-29's in the philippines.
I remember him talking about putting blocks on the pedals of the P-51's for the Philipino pilots.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Nice to hear about someone discovering and enjoying Invicta. Their fun and that's what it's about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Invicta is reasonably good value for the money. I do enjoy collecting them and wearing them. I'm not going to spend a lot of money of a watch, 300 is probably the most money I have ever spent on a watch that was for the "Swiss Movement" version of the Pro Diver. The Invicta automatics are a good deal for the money.

The most fascinating watch I have is a Citizen Eco-Drive with complications (month, day, military time and date) that my lovely wife gave me this past Christmas. She did exceed the 300 buck benchmark with this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.