WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to forum and purchased: DEEPSEA 116660

Hi from The Netherlands folks. Stumbled on to the website and have spent many hours over the last day looking through. Well done to those who manage it and to the contributors as it is both very informative and mature in content. I've had a Tag Heuer 2000 (Silver face), Omega Seamaster (blue face), Brietling Colt Chrono (black face); I have 3 son and have gifted them when they were 18. I still have for myself a Tag Heuer Carrera (black face, red sweep) and a Breitling Navitimer (black face) all with steel bracelets. Can't help myself and will probably go and buy a Rolex Submariner Date next week in steel and black. I considered the model without the date, but I think having seen the photographs on the site that it will have the date; although it will be like my other watches; never correct!
I wear my watches and after a month or two don't bother treating them with kid gloves and just use them as intended and although they pick up scratches they are all robust and remain in good condition.
Looking forward to getting the Rolex and once again many thanks for the advice and pictures that have been posted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
welcome to WTF :wink:

the 116610LN is a great choice - it is on a heavier side compared to the 16610 and 14060M variants.

look forward to seeing your pix :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I own the 14060M.

Reactions: Sumer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats and that is a good choice. I also wear a Tag Grand Carrera for an everyday watch and was surprised how much lighter the SubC felt in comparison. It is however very sweet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks, I am visiting the jewellers Tues afternoon to view and try it on. Assuming it makes my heart flutter (looks or price?) I'll flash the card. My only reservation is the last one I tried on, albeit a very quick slip over the wrist, which did not fit, it did not feel as nice as my Breitling Navitmer (no offence), but I am hoping that was just sizing and an inability to fiddle with some else's watch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Folks, I visited the jewellers today and tried the Submariner Date and the Deepsea and after about an hour I concluded that I preferred the Deepsea, although it is big. I am not sure about the bubble over the date on the Submariner and although a different watch it did remind me of my Omega Seamaster a little too much. They did not have the non-date Submariner in, but I think it is too small for my liking although its classic design is extremely nice. The Deepsea is very thick in its depth compared to my other watches, but the diameter is no more than my Navitimer. It does, however, offer presence and an emotional attachment that is sufficiently different to my other watches to make me consider buying it. The steel strap, like my Tag Heuer Carrera does appear a little too thin for the watch, especially where it joins the clasp, but the clasp has a very nice movement and feel to compensate. I now need to sleep on it before I decide; at the moment the glass is 3/4 full.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go for it, life is short not to enjoy!
the deepsea is one of my fave rolex but couldnt find the one before the current model which i find too big for my small wrist.
That would have been perfect w/ the flat glass, but i couldn't be happier with my LV submariner as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Excellent Choice

Having owned and sold several subs and seadwellers, I had the exact same feeling when I tried on the Deepsea for the first time.

Part of me regarded it as an old friend, yet another part of me regarded it as the new big brother with a strong history and the DNA of the most iconic sports watch of all time.

I am not a big fan of that very large watch brand with the Italian name (P), which has helped drive the market to the larger watch sizes. Thus, the Deepsea is a very appropriate addition to the large watch market, that just so happens to be from the company that invented the sports watch in the first place.

Enjoy it in good health for the New Year!

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts