WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post in Bulova/Accutron!

I very recently became interested in the variability and availability of Accutron models and went ahead and picked up an inexpensive 1970s 218 model. Sorry for the photo quality and the dusty crystal (its still incoming):

I've seen this model and even this band on other watches during some interweb expeditions, but the tuning fork second hand seems nonexistent in those photos. Is it likely that the tuning fork second hand is an aftermarket mod? I'll also welcome any other information your willing to offer me about my handsome new watch.

-Thanks

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Nice start to your Accutron addiction - and it will become an addiction! :lol:

Can't say for your specific watch but the tuning fork second hand was a factory original on some 214 and 218 models. Both my friend and I have identical gold plate 214s with a tuning fork second hand.

If you have abrasions on the plastic crystal, you can buff those out with any scratch/haze remover designed for plastic headlight lenses. I use PlastX brand. It is also good for lightly polishing gold plate watch cases. For stainless steel watch cases I use a cotton buffer wheel with Mother's Mag and Aluminum wheel polish followed by hand polishing with PlastX. Use microfiber cloths.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.