WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this custom strap by Arsenal Watch Straps in a contest on another forum a couple months back. I finally got around to taking some photographs of it today after receiving it a couple of weeks ago in the mail and figured I'd share!

The strapmaker, Scott (username: timesofplenty), is a forum sponsor here and I would highly recommend him. Communications with Scott was very good and it was obvious from the get-go that customer satisfaction was his #1 priority (even though I wasn't even a paying customer!). I'll definitely be ordering more straps from him in the future. :thumbup1:

I prefer these sorts of leather straps with very minimal stitching, so I requested simple lug-to-lug stitching with black thread. I'm also not a big fan of fixed keepers, so Scott made the strap with just one, bigger floating keeper. The leather came very heavily wax-impregnated, so it is water-resistant but also somewhat stiff. After wearing it almost daily for the last couple of weeks, the strap has worn in very nicely and I think it shows in the photos.

Scott's 'maker's mark' on the inside of the strap's tongue:

Scott told me he usually makes his straps with a longer tail, so this strap measures 140/80mm even though my wrist only measures ~7.25".

...and finally, a wrist shot!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Well lucky you, Andrew! That strap that Scott made really looks great on your M25. :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Scott is a great sponsor here. Helped me out more than once. I like your ammos on the M25.

Great Job. PS my grey gator needs a new home if you are up for it..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think you should put that strap on your M bronze when that arrives, I bet it will look great.

Reactions: Ladd Gardner

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yikes! "Starting at $200.00!!" :scared:
Practice some more Ladd, and you will be able to ask big bucks for your sraps as well :001_smile:
Not that I would pay that much for a calf leather... but that is another story.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Gorgeous leather! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts