WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've owned this Autavia nearly two years. It originally came to me on a green nylon Zulu as an original PVD bracelet falls into the category of "unobtanium".
Since that time I have been on the hunt for a leather strap that would do the watch justice. I think I have found two.

The first is the Crown & Buckle black Calfskin Leather NATO. The Autavia requires a very thin strap to fit between the spring bars and the PVD case, and this strap fits the bill. It's made from an extremely soft leather and the suede finish of the inside of the strap allows it to cling to the wrist and securely support the chunky Autavia. The buckle and rings are polished stainless steel and look good with the Autavia's PVD finish, but I'll be purchasing another and attempting to give them a darker finish. All and all, a very satisfactory military look is achieved using the Crown & Buckle Calfskin Leather NATO.

This strap comes in 18, 20 and 22mm widths, and I'm hoping Crown & Buckle will produce a 24mm version soon.

The second strap is the new Crown & Buckle Wilton Olive Nubuck. This is the conventional leather strap I have been looking for. The olive/grey nubuck finish is an excellent match to the Autavia's dial, and at 4.2mm thick it really looks great on the wrist and completes the package of my vintage Heuer.
It was a bit stiff 'as new' but a few minutes spent massaging in some leather conditioner, as I do with all my leather straps, and it became as soft and pliable as any other strap I own.

This strap comes with a classic brushed finish, stainless steel buckle and currently is available in 20mm width.

This Autavia has always been my favorite, and is even more so now that I have found what I believe to be the best straps to complete the look of my vintage Heuer.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Rick, those both look perfect! If I had to pick one I would say that the olive looks the best. In fact, in the wrist shot it looks like it was made for the watch. Nice job!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
35 Posts
The olive strap is GORGEOUS! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts