WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Seiko from a friend for $20.00 I think it looks pretty cool, the L-shaped pins were a pain to get out to fit to my tiny wrists though. Has anyone had any trouble about the watch being loud while doing normal things such as walking or any movement at all, the bracelet on the watch appears to rattle but not sure why? Also could anyone tell me what model number this Seiko is? View attachment 32619

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Bought a Seiko from a friend for $20.00 I think it looks pretty cool, the L-shaped pins were a pain to get out to fit to my tiny wrists though. Has anyone had any trouble about the watch being loud while doing normal things such as walking or any movement at all, the bracelet on the watch appears to rattle but not sure why? Also could anyone tell me what model number this Seiko is? View attachment 32619
Congrats on scoring this one for $20. :thumbup1: I believe your watch is the Seiko SSB011 Chronograph. Wear it in the best of health.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Congrats on the Seiko score!...Nice looking model & bullosa is right, it's the SSB011

and while its a very nice looking watch model, the bracelets are folded steel hollow links and at entry level quality which isn't too bad, but these types of bracelets are not solid & highly finished to the exacting standards that higher end seiko's are, so many times you get some movement chatter in the bracelet especially if its adjusted loose.

Here's a full size view of the SSB011 & they seem to be a good seller:

I see that Amazon has a great sale on this model right now @ 66% discount:

Amazon.com: Seiko Chronograph Steel Mens Watch SSB011: Seiko: Watches

Congrats & at $20 bucks, you did great!
:thumbup1:

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I love the touch of red for it, I plan on getting a nice black strap with red stitches maybe to enhance the look of it, but I want to see how it looks with just a cheap leather strap first, I hope I dont mess it up because I am a beginner enthusiast and this will be my first attempt at changing a strap out. I will post pics when i get the cheap strap in mail. I find that sometimes when I am wearing a different watch I will come home and my second hand will be stopped on 12 even though the watch hasn't moved or been tampered with, anyone know any reason or solution for this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.