WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all. Picked this up today, my first see-through caseback, and a Seiko 5 to boot :biggrin: Calibre 7S26.

Thanks for viewing - :wink:

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Very nice pics of a classic. This Seiko Military is a legend...very good automatic watch, high legibility and priced so good it is hard to turn down if you are looking for only one watch to tell time.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I love those Seiko militarys. The see thorough case back is puzzling for its stated purpose, but I think it is always fun to see the movement. I really like that Day and Date as well. Great pickup there Muttley!

How accurate is it running? How is the lume? Is it tritium (I don't see the radiation sign most armed forces desire) or lumibright?

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
That's one of my favorite Seiko 5 designs.
One of the most affordable classics available.:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have to admit that the Seiko 5s really appeal to me too, based on style, the folded link bracelets not withstanding.

The automatic movements have heretofore put me off as well, but now that I'm on the bandwagon with the 8926, what's to stop me from adding more.

I can always wear two watches when I'm hanging around the house.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
My favorite Seiko 5, and yes, it's Lumibrite! Same great lume as the Monster,
but much smaller index's and hands so you can't use it as a flashlight at night. :D

BTW, you take great pics! :w00t:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone - thanks for the great comments :thumbup:
I will try to take a pic of the lume, but it'll be a first for me so it should be educational (for me) if nothing else :wink:
I'm never too worried about how accurate mechanical watches are, as long as they're close it's okay by me! If I need accuracy I don the Casio Seapathfinder; just can't beat quartz for timekeeping, if I want looks and craftsmanship, I now have a couple of nice ones to choose...

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By popular demand...:001_smile: Here's my attempt at a night-lume shot. Unfortunately caught the seconds hand moving, but never mind, still shows the lume pretty well, I think
Cheers....

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, I 'flashed' it with a flash unit to charge the lume just before taking the shot, plus I adjusted the levels slightly to show the detail of the dial, which did raise the lume brightness slightly - still quite bright though.

:)

thats a great lume shot Mr Mutley:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Thanks, I 'flashed' it with a flash unit to charge the lume just before taking the shot, plus I adjusted the levels slightly to show the detail of the dial, which did raise the lume brightness slightly - still quite bright though.
Very nice lume shot...are you sure it's not the ambience of southern hemisphere night in NZ? LOL ...j/k.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts