WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sea Urchin is Seiko model SNZF17 from the 5 Sports collection. I like the Seiko brand and this one was a daily deal last week so I decided to give it a new home. I like it.

Brushed and polished stainless case with exhibition back
Brushed and polished stainless bracelet with a fold over push-button flip lock clasp
The case is 41.5mm in diameter and 12.5mm thick
The movement is the model 7S36C 23-jewel self-winding automatic (made in Malaysia)
Black dial with Lumibrite filled silver markers and hands
Day and date display at the 3 o'clock position
Black IP and stainless unidirectional rotating bezel

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice looking watch but where did the nickname come from?

I've seen this one many times on various fora but never understood why or where the moniker originated.

Maybe someone can fill me in...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Superb photo's of a nice heavy and well detailed Diver...

I can see why you got attached to this watch, it's a heavy robust & attractive Diver!
:thumbup1:

Jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've seen this one many times on various fora but never understood why or where the moniker originated.

Maybe someone can fill me in...
Sorry Archie, I don't know where the name came from and I didn't know that this was it's name:blink::thumbup1:

I have the same watch but it's the pepsidiver version.:drool:
It's a nice size on the wrist, I'd guesstimate about 43mm.
I'll have to impress the heck out of people when saying it's a Seiko Sea Urchin Pepsidiver!!:lol::crying:

·
Super Moderator
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also don't know who decides on the names or how they become known and accepted but there is of course the "Starfish", the "Stargate", and the various versions of the "Monster". All just like the "Sea Urchin" are solid, high quality time pieces from one of the only manufacturers in the world that can honestly say every part in the watch is made in a Seiko factory. They are all world class and in my opinion very under rated. Enjoy your Seikos.

Sorry Archie, I don't know where the name came from and I didn't know that this was it's name:blink::thumbup1:

I have the same watch but it's the pepsidiver version.:drool:
It's a nice size on the wrist, I'd guesstimate about 43mm.
I'll have to impress the heck out of people when saying it's a Seiko Sea Urchin Pepsidiver!!:lol::crying:

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I think the traditionally Japanese watch communities in forums like PMWF and SCWF would coined up names for new models but there are times when we disagree on the names. :lol: Thank God for the same manufacturers name even when they sound so impersonal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts