WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been asked recently, but does anyone have a release date for the new SRP309 Monster? My all weather Seiko has found a new home, and I can't wait to get my hands on a hand-winding & hacking Monster.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been asked recently, but does anyone have a release date for the new SRP309 Monster? My all weather Seiko has found a new home, and I can't wait to get my hands on a hand-winding & hacking Monster.
They were launched in the last couple of months here in Asia but but I havent seen them in the dealerships yet. There are a few photos posted on sample from launch on the a few sites. If you could wait a little longer, I am sure you will love this one.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I must agree with you guys on this new Monster!...I've been getting disallusioned

with many things over the past year, watches included which is unusual for me.

Too much going on, too many things to try to take care of, too many things & never enough time to even make a dent it seems these days, along with other forums turmoil & drama queens making it hard I've seemed to be slipping away from the watch hobby of late, until this New Monster creation was spoken about....Now when I think of the hacking & handwinding abilities this watch will have, I just can't wait to score one!
:biggrin:

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks man, I can't wait to get my hands on one. Every time I see it online, it's not available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
They were launched in the last couple of months here in Asia but but I havent seen them in the dealerships yet. There are a few photos posted on sample from launch on the a few sites. If you could wait a little longer, I am sure you will love this one.
Thanks Daron for being our watchful eye concerning these new Monsters!:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Jim, I hear you. I myself have not come across that many watches that catches my eye in the last couple of years. My love for Japanese quartz was more a result of my lack of appreciation for their non hacking automatics. This new hacking and winding watches from Seiko sure sparks a revival! :w00t:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well said Daron & I agree and feel the same

I mean I enjoy both automatic & quartz divers, but I always desire the watches ability to at least have the hacking feature which usually is non existant even in seiko's divers unless you get around the thousand dollar price points & higher. (One reason I love the 6306-7000/7001 JDM diver so much)
:thumbup1:

I've always appreciated the quality seiko jeweled quartz movements in the various dive models, which when the crown is pulled the circut is shunted/broken and thus you have the hacking feature!
:biggrin:

I can't wait to grab one or two of these new hacking Monsters, LOL
:001_tt1:

Daron, Astrosfan & anyone else wanting to see this new Monster being put through the paces...here's a guy that did a youtube review showing the pumkin which he just happened to source from "Kuala Lumpur" , he goes through the quickset, hacking and hand winding features, and shows it off well...I'd want mine on the stainless steel braceletl...enjoy

Cheers,
Jim

Jim, I hear you. I myself have not come across that many watches that catches my eye in the last couple of years. My love for Japanese quartz was more a result of my lack of appreciation for their non hacking automatics. This new hacking and winding watches from Seiko sure sparks a revival! :w00t:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well Gentleman, I'm the proud Owner of a Brand New Orange SEIKO SRP309 Monster!

Yes I know & it's October, but with the new caliber powering this and the awesome new looking astetics; I went and ordered one from BlueDial Dot Com, which is one of the very few retailers who even have any of the new models.

Here's a stock photo & when she arrives I'll post up a complete expose!
Watch Analog watch White Product Clock

Yes I'm "Happy" about this one...Looks like I may be the first guy from WTF to go out tricker treating & score one.
:lol:

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Another New Monster...The New SRP307K1 Black Monster!

I'm back again & I think I've got Monster Fever?
because I just ran across the New Black Monster which is model SRP307K1, and my what a beauty it is! :biggrin:

Watch Analog watch White Light Product

I just might be ordering another Monster, it tis the Season!
:lol:

Regards,
Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.