WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting another watch tomorrow; two divers in two days. But I had been mulling this one over for a while and decided I'd give it a try since I haven't seen many and figured why not; it's quartz solar and my Casio solar seem to do well so heck lets give it a test run.

It's a Seiko 200m diver solar. Some named the "Satrfish" although it had 6 "legs" on the bezel which doesn't quite match your average starfish but anyhow here's some pics.

The bezel BTW is very nice and it has the excellent Seiko lume, but the bracelet was a royal PITA as are all collard pins, but unlike the other Seiko collared bracelets each link in this bad boy had 6 parts counting the pin and collar...sheesh can it be any more frustrating?

Took like ten minutes to size :cursing:...then I looked at it and said hey this is going to be a beater work wear watch...so NATO/ZULU(whichever) it is!

It does have drilled lugs and the heavy duty spring bars so that's good. It says "AIR DIVERS" which I think has to do with tank diving, but hey I just free dive so that's enough for me.

So here are a few shots, but I'll probably give it a better once over in a month or so, plus I have another cheap beater diver coming tomorrow, but it's a Japanese auto, not quartz, but I'm excited to be getting it...it's getting close to summer so I have to up my dive watch inventory, yes I stole a little from the Panaeri/Rolex/JLC fund but not much and that funds already past its goal with no place to go.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lume is great but 2AM will tell how long it lasst but its way brighter than the Citizen. The bezel is actually perfect snug easy to turn...looks weird but easily one my the best. Just finished using it for steaks on the bbq.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Lume lasted great. 4am no problem reading. One thing I noticed with this quartz is it's perhaps the first quartz I've ever had that the second hand lines up perfectly with every tic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts