WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seiko has been my favorite brand of watch since I received a 17-jewel DX model for high school graduation. I am always looking for different movements and designs to add to my Seiko family and this time my search led to Tokyo and SeiyaJapan. By the way, Express Mail International service through Japan Post and USPS delivered the watch from Tokyo to Sioux Falls in 3 days with the help of the international date line.

Meet the Seiko 5 Sports model SARZ003.

Stainless steel case and bracelet in polished and brushed finishes.

Exhibition case back to showcase the 24-jewel 4R36 made in Japan hand winding and hacking movement.

Case diameter is 41mm and thickness is 11.5mm.

The dial is a silver grey sunburst with slight bronze tones that seems to change colors with the light.

The case and dial are full of details so I took some macro shots to show them off.

The 4R36 movement is nicely finished with polished plate edges and an overall finish reminiscent of the more expensive 6R20.

The SARZ003 also has an ample helping of Lumibrite.

Thanks for looking. I know I got carried away with the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
That's a great acquisition mate. :thumbup1:

How can there be too many photo's?

you just have to hate it when after the comment about the lume the money shot doesn't do the lume any justice...

but lovely nonetheless.

·
Super Moderator
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a great acquisition mate. :thumbup1:

How can there be too many photo's?

you just have to hate it when after the comment about the lume the money shot doesn't do the lume any justice...

but lovely nonetheless.
Lume shots are not my forte. Maybe this one.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Congrats on this new watch. Wow, the finish on this watch is very nice. Definitely Seiko Spirit class. I think the 4R36 introduction is going to revive my visits to the local AD.

Great photos by the way and wear this one in the best of health!

·
Super Moderator
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on this new watch. Wow, the finish on this watch is very nice. Definitely Seiko Spirit class. I think the 4R36 introduction is going to revive my visits to the local AD.

Great photos by the way and wear this one in the best of health!
Thank you. A half link or one additional adjustment hole in the clasp would make this watch perfect for me, but the fit is still acceptable. I am really liking the clean and sporty look. Thanks and good luck finding one of your own.
Terry

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Wow...really beautiful pick up. Seiko constantly amazes me...they have so MANY great looking quality affordable automatics out there...it's almost unbelievable. Congrats...wear it in good health.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
That is a handsome watch! It looks great on your wrist. You made a great score with that watch! Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts