WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

As I said before on my last trip to Miami I got my new GMTII SS Serial "M" and also bought a SS/Everrose gold DJ mod 116231 with steel dial and roman numerals. Funny thing is that they both have the new packaging"Box, carton cover", but the box on my new GMTII is smaller---6X4 1/2'' vrs . 7X5" for the DJ serial "D". Is Rolex changing to smaller boxes?

Eddie:blink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I noticed recently at one of the sponsors here on this site that they were selling 2 different size rolex boxes, which would line up with what you are talking about. I guess there are 2 different sizes right now. I don't know if that means they are switching all one size or not?

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
That is news to me; but, it would not surprise me. When I got my LV, I was surprised how big the box was. Some of the experts around here will know!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I noticed the same thing. I bought my SD and LV Sub both during the year from AD's and the LV box is noticably smaller than the SD box.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved to smaller boxes, one of the problems I have with Rolex is their packaging, while their new style packaging is a nice upgrade I still feel as if they could do better for the price point, at least in my opinion

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Check out our sponsor qualitytyme.net - they sell Rolex boxes and I believe (if memory serves) they actucally come in three different sizes in the new style packaging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts