WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 4th of July my Girlfriend and I visit the New River in Fayetteville WV and Raft the Lower New River gorge section (class III - V) its an absolute blast... I decided to take my 500-M2 along for the action... I swam a rapid small swimmers rapid for fun and the rest was serious business in the boat... Needless to say watch is in perfect condition.... and since i've seen pics of Lum-tec watches being everywhere in the world I've yet to see one under the largest single span bridge in the northern hemisphere, The New River Gorge Bridge... So here ya have it along with it being a dive approved watch its also a whitewater approved watch!!!
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Plant community

My girlfriend chilling after a great day of rafting.!!!
Water Cloud Sky Boat Water resources

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ouch!

I bet her knees were cooked!:eek:hmy: That is the one thing that gets overlooked with the sunblock. I am glad you had a great trip and I loved the pics. Until a few months ago we used to live on the New River at Prince, WV. We have a couple rafts and go as often as work permits now a days (we still live close, just not on the banks.) Mostly we raft the Upper, but my Lady's uncle will guide us down the lower whenever we want to go. I have made the trip a lot, but have not built up the courage/comfort level to guide the boat on the lower. I have a bunch of respect for the river and I am sure that is a good thing. Just a while back we had 3 drownings in about 2 weeks. It is one of the most adrenalin producing experiences you will ever have though! Still terrified of the Gauley though, maybe one day I will make that trip. I'll hafta lose some of my beer gut before I think about it though!:laugh:

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raftin

I have a blast running the Lower New.. I got the bug a few years ago just floating lesser rivers and wanted to challenge myself.... so we headed to the new last year and then this year... its pretty easy in an Oar-Rig boat... I am seriously considering running the Gauley this season... its definitely on my bucket list... that part of WV has a special place in my heart is like my home town... Erwin TN and the Nolichucky River...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.