WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While the official announcement above only mentions a rubber strap coming with this watch, this picture taken by rruegger indicates that it may come with a bracelet. A necessity, IMHO.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I've often wondered why Ball didn't offer a 'traditional' style diver's watch. This fits the bill very, very nicely :thumbup1:. Any idea of pricing?

Why is a bracelet necessary? Or were you meaning it's a necessary option?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A necessary option, strictly from my personal viewpoint.

Rumor is that it will be around $2000.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
A necessary option, strictly from my personal viewpoint.

Rumor is that it will be around $2000.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I agree - the bracelet should definitely be offered as an option. I like to be able to change the look around as the mood takes me :001_smile:.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
BTW, did you notice how all of the Ball promo images have the word 'skindiver' on the dial, but the actual photo is missing the word?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Shayne,

I suspect the photo is a prototype sample and production models will be as advertized. Look forward to seeing them at the local AD here.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Rob.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to Ball USA president, Jeff Hess, the Skindiver will come with a retro-style bracelet. Price currently is targeted around $2,195.

Rob

·
Registered
93 Posts
Really excited about this particular release - I've been looking for a vintage-inspired diver redux. Any idea if this uses the same proprietary lume-impregnated bezel that the Hydrocarbon Deep Quest uses?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There also is some confusion in that the press release says that the bezel is aluminum yet Jeff Hess says that it's ceramic.

We'll no doubt get some clarification if and when the Skindiver goes into production.

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was originally going to pass on stocking this model, however, you have all changed my mind. Who am I kidding anyway, I always want the new ones...It is a good thing I am a dealer or I would have a full wall watch winder and be single. Wait, that doesn't sound so bad:confused1::wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts