WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back, I entered the Oris arena with a Maldives LE. Wore the Maldives a few days and really enjoyed the looks. Great dial, applied markers, orange lume, small seconds etc. But, just couldn't get used to the smaller 44mm sizing as well as the lightness of the titanium. So off the Maldives went to another prospective owner and the search was again on for another Oris.

When I came across the 1000m diver in blue and 47mm, I knew this was going to complement my other watches as I do not have a 1000m diver nor a watch with a blue dial. Great wrist presence and it truly is a working mans diver with great looks to boot!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I always love the look of Oris diver style watches... :cool1: looks very rugged !

But again the 47mm might not suit for everyone wrist IMO, yes? No?:crying:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I always love the look of Oris diver style watches... :cool1: looks very rugged !

But again the 47mm might not suit for everyone wrist IMO, yes? No?:crying:

Pete, if this model is anything like the other Oris divers of this style, it will wear a lot smaller than the 47mm size quoted.
Stop loving it, and start living it - get yourself one :laugh::thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Gman - enjoy the new Oris diver. Sorry to hear the Ti Maldives wasn't to your taste. You're the first I've heard say that size is too small, so you must have mucho macho wrists :laugh:.
I just picked up my first titanium watch (the bracelet is Titanium) yesterday, and I can see it takes some getting used to after the weight & heft of the SS bracelets (especially the Oris ones).

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gman - enjoy the new Oris diver. Sorry to hear the Ti Maldives wasn't to your taste. You're the first I've heard say that size is too small, so you must have mucho macho wrists :laugh:.
I just picked up my first titanium watch (the bracelet is Titanium) yesterday, and I can see it takes some getting used to after the weight & heft of the SS bracelets (especially the Oris ones).

I'll post up a wrist shot when I get a chance for reference. Congrats on your Ti purchase. After wearing L-T Tungstens and now this small seconds 47mm (which is as heavy as the Tungsten!!) a titanium case and bracelet should be drastic!!

I wanted to share my findings with timing accuracy as well. I have gained 4 seconds in 7 days. Very impressed:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I'll post up a wrist shot when I get a chance for reference.

I wanted to share my findings with timing accuracy as well. I have gained 4 seconds in 7 days. Very impressed:thumbup1:
Please do put up a wrist shot - it will be a good reference :thumbup1:.
And 4s in 7 days is excellent for an auto - as you say, very impressive :thumbup:. I wonder if it will change much over time....?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
That looks great on your wrist - thanks for the shot :thumbup1:
Just as a help for others looking at this and considering a watch that size (47mm), what's your wrist size?
As I mentioned before, the Oris divers seems to wear smaller than their size suggests, so a 47mm may not be unreasonable for an 'average' wrist size.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
:thumbup1::thumbup1: GMAN, you and I have the same taste in Oris watches. I have that same watch!! :crying: You take much better photos than I...

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumbup1::thumbup1: GMAN, you and I have the same taste in Oris watches. I have that same watch!! :crying: You take much better photos than I...
Thanks for the input:thumbup1:

That's a iPhone pic:biggrin:

I'm really liking this thing. The case is truly a tank. Looks great and I couldn't imagine a better summer watch...

Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts