WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first chrono...Millipede ISA 8171/202 movement...Blue bezel, red numerals, white dial. Really sweet looking piece.

Can anyone give me the quick skinny on resetting the chrono dials?? I have read the manual, but not sure what should be happening.

I guess this is why I never got a chrono before...:blush:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on folks...someone has a Millipede chrono

More help needed...

The red center sweep second hand on the Millipede chrono stops on it's own...I push the top button and it starts again, but will stop again. Is this normal? The "seconds and minutes" sub-dials continue to operate.

What am I missing here...I really love this watch but want to know how to operate it!
Clock Measuring instrument Font Gas Engineering

·
Registered
59 Posts
ahahhahahah neither do i know, but the first watch i had (i still have) is a nautica crono, the econds hand was always moving when i toke it to the jeweler who replaced the battery also adjusted the watch and the seconds hand never moves unless i hit the button but everything else is working just like you, i think is pretty normal it´s a function i do not know how to operate it but if i start clicking the buttons, i remember toying with it years ago and i know you can stop the seconds and make everythin else work and the other way around.

we need a pro here!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Samdwich...

I think I figured it out after visiting the ISASWISS website for detailed instructions. The Chrono is designed to reset (and stop) after two hours of operation to save battery life. A nice touch...now my issue is that the second hand does NOT return to the 12 o'clock postion after resetting. It returns to just past the 8 o'clock postion??

I am contacting Android to see what the problem might be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
that same thing happened to my watch it was resetting at 3 of clock instead 12 after 1 minute of trying the guy succeded i dont know how, someone who knows how to operate a chrono should be able to tell us what to do.

Come on guys a hand over here please?

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Not to worry guys your watches are fine. They are chronographs or stopwatches. The top pusher is used to start timing, hit it again to stop and the bottom pusher is used to reset everything back to zero. The center second hand should remain at 12 and there should be a constant running second hand in one of the subdials. The other subdial should should indicate elapsed minutes and it to should reset pointing straight up. I'm on my phone so this is off the top of my head sorry I'm not being more specific.

As to resetting the seconds hand look for the sticky "how to mod thread" in the Invicta forum. There is a video link there explaining how to recalibrate your hands back to zero. Its not the same movement but it shows the basics so play around a little. I'd include a link but I'm on my phone. I'll edit this post in the morning when I'm in front if a computer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I think I figured it out after visiting the ISASWISS website for detailed instructions. The Chrono is designed to reset (and stop) after two hours of operation to save battery life. A nice touch...now my issue is that the second hand does NOT return to the 12 o'clock postion after resetting. It returns to just past the 8 o'clock postion??
You shouldn't leave the center second hand running it will drain the battery. There is a constant running second hand in one of the subdials. Only start the center hand when you want to time something, like running a lap or how long you've been parked at a meter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Pats...

I checked out some vids and got it straight...Android's instructions are a little vague. You are correct about running the second hand...after checking the ISASWISS website which has detailed instructions for all of their movements, they informed that the chrono will automatically stop and reset itself after 2 hours to avoid battery drain.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The center chronograph second hand will stop running after 2 hours. It is called EOL function, end of life. It is to prevent from draining the battery.

To set the chrono second hand:
-Pull crown out to the first click and turn counter clockwise to activate the adjustment.
-Push 2 o'clock button to adjust chrono second.
-Push 4 o'clock button to adjust chrono minute.
-When it is done resetting push crown to normal position.

Thank you,

Wing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.