WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CW Trident
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New member here. I’m not super clued up about the etiquette regards joining the forum with the intention of selling something. What are the rules ?
I joined primarily for this reason as I hoped to sell my piece - not on eBay - where one is likely to get fleeced -

it happened to me before with a reasonably high value item.

I’m something of an enthusiast but I don’t have a “collection” as it were - I have two right now and circumstances dictate that I unfortunately have to sell the more valuable one.

I’d rather it went to someone who wants and appreciates it.

Is there a post count or something that I have to meet - it’s just that I’m only a little knowledgeable about watches and I probably don’t have a massive amount to add in any majorly constructive way in order to build a post count.
Any advice and/or help would be hugely appreciated

thanks

Adam F

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Welcome to WTF. Thank you for being polite enough to ask first...such consideration is indeed rare these days.
Yes, there is a quota of five posts, one of which you've already taken care of. Since you are not "into" watches, I suggest perhaps posting in the Photography Forum and The Community Forum. In there. you can talk about things other than watches, like hunting, woodworking, tending to stray animals, pet peeves about your obnoxious next-door neighbor, etc.
After your 5th post, help yourself. Listing your asking price is mandatory, photos are highly recommended. Please visit our Members Rules of Conduct for a full list of dos and don'ts on using WTF to sell your watch...
(1) WTF Rules of Conduct: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ! | WATCH TALK FORUMS

Whether you avail yourself of us or not, good luck!

·
Registered
CW Trident
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you , it’s nice to be nice and aside from a cycling one I’m not really a member of any forums so I just wanted to make sure that by A. Joining and B. Listing my watch I wasn’t behaving badly or in a way that would be frowned upon.

I appreciate the response - it can be quite intimidating joining a new community

I’ve had a look at the rules re. The for sale sub and it all seems reasonable and very similar to the other forum I am a member of so I’ll do that in due course and hopefully meet a few people along the way

·
Registered
CW Trident
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve done that , which will probably tip me into the necessary post count to then post my ad. I hope you guys don’t mind me that I’m doing it so early - I do hope to possibly stay involved in some fashion afterward not least due to the warm welcome - thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts