WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been meaning to join for a while and glad I did. I've loved watches since I was a kid. I have quite a few Citizens, Seikos, and a Tag automatic.

So the watch of my dreams was the Breitling Superocean Steelfish (I like the Superocean Chronograph II equally as much). So I have been saving for this watch for years. And I had enough to buy it...and then I spent it all on college tuition (I am pursuing a doctorate). I know it was the right thing to do, but it still burns.

It seems there are a lot of cool watches out there and I have a lot to read here, so I figure if I ever do get my Breitling, then I can at least be sure it is the watch I really want before getting it.

I have been eyeing the Citizen bl5440-58e (Signature Courageous Perpetual Calendar Chronograph)...it seems not many are out there. Anyone seen one/owned one?

So anyway, just wanted to say hi! :laugh:

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Hi Nick... or is it Zach? Anyway, you won't get an argument from me on buying a Breitling. The longest tenured modern watch in my collection is a Breitling Chrono Cockpit. Most don't make it past 2 years because I'm, uh, fickle. But you can tell that from my avatar message. How about some pics of what you have now? And maybe a shot of the Citizen you're asking about too?

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
Hi!. While we wait for those pics...

I don't own the 5440, but I have its lesser cousin, the 5250-02L. Same basic module inside, but yours has a couple extra features. I was extremely happy with it and it was my #1 quartz watch until I got a Citizen radio-controlled Skyhawk. I believe you would be extremely pleased with yours as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! The 5250-02L looks nice!

So I actually dipped into a little savings and bought the Breitling Superocean Steelfish...I got a late 2011 model from my AD that just came back from service and is warrantied through 2013. I was worried it would suck keeping time like my Aquaracer but its under + .4 seconds a day so I guess whatever Breitling does to the ETA movement much make it work better.

Here are some shots of a few...

Breitling Superocean Steelfish (formally called the X-Plus)

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic (I absolutely hate this watch as it can't tell time)

Movado SE in Blue

Movado Junior Sport (in 2 tone and stainless)...may they both RIP in my drawer as they did not hold up well :sad:

Citizen EcoDrives (standard brown face chrono and Moon Phase)

My first nice watch (got it when I was 13, saved for months)...I can't find any info on it even on the net. Purchased around 1998-9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.