WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

New Member / New Omega Owner

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Houston 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first Omega this week.

I bought Omega Seamaster 300M Diver Chronometer from the Omega Boutique in Beverly Hills. Shuan at the Omega Boutique was excellent and helped me to pick out the watch very patiently.

I look forward to learn more about Omega from this forum!

#2 ·
Greetings Patrick

A very warm welcome to WTF and OMEGALand.

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

on your SMP. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Is it the Bond 300M 2220.80 friend?

When you get a chance, we look forward to some pictures and indeed your sharing in the fun and talk we have here :thumbup1:

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

#4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I think mine is 2225.80.00

"Seamaster Chrono Diver, 41.5mm, Automatic chronograph movement, official chronometer, stainless steel case and bracelet, uni-directional rotating bezel, helium escape valve, water-resistant to 300m" (p.150, Omega 2007 Collection catalogue)

What is the difference between 2225.80.00 and 2599.80.00? I saw 2599.80.00 in Omega's older catalogue, and they look identical to 2225.80.00.

#6 ·
The older model Patrick was indeed the 2599.80. Your gleaming 2225.80 which was launched in the Autumn of 2006 has a new dial and red hands for the counters.

Thanks for the pictures and enjoy it :thumbup:

Do please remember that we have a photo contest which ends at the next weekend. The 2225.80 looks very photogenic indeed :thumbup1:

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

#11 ·
Thanks, guys!

Yes, another Omega on the radar... :) Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT (3581.30.00)!!!

When I was at the Omega Boutique, I thought about picking up the Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT, but I wanted to get something casual so I got the 2225.80. 3581.30 was really beautiful and definetely will be the next purchase.

Your thoughts on 3581.30?

#12 ·
Well Patrick

I think it's a very handy watch if you need the GMT complication. I've always liked the GMT functionality. Some folk ask how much trouble could it be to minus 5 or whatever but it's the fact that it's pointing to the right zonal time that frees your mind to concentrate on other matters. Nothing like seeing it and not having to work it out.

The watch itself looks busy but if you want all that functionality in one watch it's seems the only way to go. The white/cream dial doesn't do it as much for me as the black dial though.

The Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT - Very nice watch - you won't get any complaints from me :thumbup1:

And since it's an Omega, you have my whole-hearted blessing :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.