WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just received my Super Combat B2 that i ordered from lum-tec.de. This is my first lum-tec and my first manual clock. All my other clocks are quartz.

The looks of the clock is fantastic :thumbup1:

The first problem is the crown. It seems to be stuck. I cannot move it at all using my fingers/nails. Since I've never owned a hand wind clock I'm not sure how much force to the crown i must use to wind and adjust the time. Do i really have to use a tool? I don't want to destroy the watch using tongs to pull the crown out.

The second problem is that the box didn't contain a certificate of authentication. I can see on the back that its number 085/999 but I was told everyone get a certificate of authentication with the lum-tec watch. Is that not true?

Maybe these are just rookie mistakes, but i would appreciate some help :001_smile:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Zek, no worries plenty people here that are willing to answer any questions you might have.

The crown is of the 'screw down' type, so before you can set the time or even wind the watch you first need to unscrew it!
Simply unscrew the crown and at some point you will feel it pops out a little bit. From there you can wind the watch.
Gently wind it until you feel resistance indicating the mainspring is now fully wound.

You can pull out the crown one position to set the time and push back into the winding position afterwards.
When done you have to screw it hand tight to the case. Gently push the crown against the crown tube while turning it at the same time.
You will feel the crown engage the threads on the crown tube and you will be able to screw down the crown to its normal position.

You should indeed have received a certificate with the watch... Ask your dealer to send it!

Enjoy your new SC :thumbup1:

Reactions: lolittle

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Great and patient answer, CT.

Hey, Zek -- Welcome to Watch Talk Forums, and contratulations on your new Super Combat B2. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot clubbtraxx for the fast response!

You description of the screw down crown made me a bit more bold. I still had to use a tool to unscrew the crown because it was rock hard. When i knew a bit more about how it worked i was able to use the force needed.

Strange thing about the certificate. Someone must have removed it from the box? Anyone else had same problem?

Another rookie question: I saw that someone on this forum sold a sc-b2 with scratches that probably came from when he changed wristband. How do i change to the nato strap in a "safe" way, preventing scratches? Are there any specific tools or methods?

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Another rookie question: I saw that someone on this forum sold a sc-b2 with scratches that probably came from when he changed wristband. How do i change to the nato strap in a "safe" way, preventing scratches? Are there any specific tools or methods?
You need a spring bar tool (search this forum - there are threads on which one to get) and use masking tape to cover the lugs when changing straps. Make sure to do it from the back side of the watch so if something does happen it won't show when you are wearing it.

Reactions: E8ArmyDiver

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks a lot clubbtraxx for the fast response!

You description of the screw down crown made me a bit more bold. I still had to use a tool to unscrew the crown because it was rock hard. When i knew a bit more about how it worked i was able to the force needed.

Strange thing about the certificate. Someone must have removed it from the box? Anyone else had same problem?

You're welcome. I hope the tool you used didn't do damage to your brand new watch :scared:

For strap changes you need to get a proper spring bar tool.
One of the best, if not THE best, tool is the Bergeon 6767F

Mind the F in the part number because there is a S version too.
The F version is smaller and works really well for most watches.
This tool is not the cheapest out there, but well worth the extra cost.
Available from just about any shop that sells watch related stuff.

Watch a short video how to change watch bands here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, thank you again clubtraxx for sharing your experience. Ill search the web for somewhere to buy that specific tool. Very helpful video aswell.

And good tip to use masking tape BrianS. Thank you. Im sure that'll do the trick. :thumbup1:

This is an excellent forum :w00t:

·
Registered
750 Posts
^ That was posted by a member on this forum - username: Thwizzit.

Others have asked, but I don't think he's ever disclosed that info..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im wondering what else i missed out on besides the certificate.....

What i got was the watch, two nato straps, owners manual in different languages and a extra white leather strap.

What else is supposed to be in there?

Thanks Lazarbel for the PM about the strap!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Im wondering what else i missed out on besides the certificate.....

What i got was the watch, two nato straps, owners manual in different languages and a extra white leather strap.

What else is supposed to be in there?

Thanks Lazarbel for the PM about the strap!
No "International Warranty" card with the model, serial, sales date, and retailer on it included in the laminated wooden box? That along with the missing certificate of authenticity is a bit shady... definitely get in contact with your dealer regarding those two missing pieces of documentation.

Edit: There's also the stock leather 'aviator-style' strap that the Super Combats are supposed to come with:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the reply i1800collect and valuable info!

Very interesting to know I'm also missing the International Warrenty card, seems like i need to send a new mail to the dealer about it.

I'm sorry i forgot to mention the box and the black leather straps, i counted the strap as "the watch" since they were already on it!:001_tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts