WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

So I'm new to the forum and really just starting to get into this obsession. I don't have a real focus and my interest is all over the place at the moment. I love automatics but I have found a couple Quartz watches lately I just had to have. I am looking forward to learning more... and buying more!

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
Don't mind ulack's sense of humor. You'll get used to it pretty soon.......or you can just ignore him like all the rest of us do. :001_tt2: :lol: :001_tt2:

You're from Rochester, New York you say? Yeah, I think I've heard of it! Anyway, welcome to WTF.
Not having a well-defined direction for a budding collection isn't uncommon. A lot of us started out (myself included) the same way. Just be patient . Gathering lots of good knowledge takes time and experience (and sometimes a mistakes). We're anxious and waiting to teach you everything we can. Good luck.

p.s. care to share any photos of the other pieces ya got?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:laugh:
I can tell I'm going to like it here. ulack... it's like your username is talking to me! I'll figure things out eventually. Right now I just like things that catch my eye and are fun. I bought my fiance a Movado Bold (white&pink) and ended up getting this...

Quartz yes, but it's fun and feels great. CometHunter, I love Rochester. I'm getting married next weekend in Victor! I actually got my best man one of those Movado's as well!

This is another fun one. The case is huge but I love the vintage strap. It has an automatic ETA-2824 movement. Nothing fancy but like I said, fun.

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
Well, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

This is my first up-close look at a Tsovet...at 48mm it would be a bit big for my dinky wrist, but it doesn't look bad at all.
For those unaware, Tsovet was started by a gent named David Bonaventura (who is also the main designer) out in Los Angeles, CA. in 2008. His cases are brushed or PVD coated 316L stainless steel, the crystals are sapphire, and along with the ETA 2824-2, quartz Ronda movements can be had.

These pieces are garnering some pretty nice reviews.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one of the first batch of automatics they released. I waited about a month and a half to get it. I bumped into a couple of the guys from the California office in Las Vegas. I saw the Quartz version and ordered when I found out there was an automatic in the works! Here is one more shot this time of the case back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.