WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my brand new M47 yesterday and the pdf gets scratched today!!!! Unbelievable!! I have the worst luck! Anyone else have issues with the PDF scratching? Im getting nervous that my watch is going to look beat up within a few weeks! Does Lumtec have replacement bezels in the black PDF??

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I get a new car I'm always careful where I park so I don't get dinged. Once I get the first one, I don't care anymore so I start parking wherever. Consider yourself liberated. You no longer need to live in fear.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When I get a new car I'm always careful where I park so I don't get dinged. Once I get the first one, I don't care anymore so I start parking wherever. Consider yourself liberated. You no longer need to live in fear.

Dinged my brand new F150 EcoBoost three weeks ago. I'm over it. The tiny redhead dinged her brand spanking new Civic Hybrid last week - had it three days. She ain't over it, but I hope she will be - Thursday. She acts as if it was somehow my fault and I wasn't within twenty miles. $100.00 to make it go away. I'm paying -- Thursday.

I've dinged all my PVD watches except the B2H, and because I don't wear it as often as I want. I wish it would hurry up and get banged up a bit, so I could enjoy it properly.

PVD watches... you gotta know going in they're gonna get scratched. There's no way around it. Well, maybe if you're a sissy.....like Ladd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hah I got an F-150 Platinum Ecoboost last month as well. I don't usually drive it to work, so it still hasn't gotten dinged. My wife's ride (Land Rover LR4) has dings, scratches, and even chipped clearcoat, and it's not even a year old. She drives it everywhere, though.

My M33 is less than a week old, so it's still scratch free, but my Traser has worn off coating along some creases. Don't worry about it. Chicks dig scars.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hah I got an F-150 Platinum Ecoboost last month as well. I don't usually drive it to work, so it still hasn't gotten dinged. My wife's ride (Land Rover LR4) has dings, scratches, and even chipped clearcoat, and it's not even a year old. She drives it everywhere, though.

My M33 is less than a week old, so it's still scratch free, but my Traser has worn off coating along some creases. Don't worry about it. Chicks dig scars.

What do you think of the EcoBoost? I went from a 2003 F250 diesel to a 2012 F150 EcoBoost - dings and all it is a hell of a truck. I get like 23mph. Not bad for a 5000 pound truck capable of towing 6 tons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What do you think of the EcoBoost? I went from a 2003 F250 diesel to a 2012 F150 EcoBoost - dings and all it is a hell of a truck. I get like 23mph. Not bad for a 5000 pound truck capable of towing 6 tons.
I'm not getting nearly that good mileage, but I have a 4x4 version, plus I only have like 600 miles on it. Hopefully after the engine is fully broken in I'll get your kind of numbers.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm not getting nearly that good mileage, but I have a 4x4 version, plus I only have like 600 miles on it. Hopefully after the engine is fully broken in I'll get your kind of numbers.
The 4x4 is going to hold you up a bit - lot of extra weight you're turning, but you should get over 20 and that ain't bad for a bigass truck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
23 and, heck, even 16mpgs are good compared to the truck I drive (which also got dinged nicely the first week I had it). Love it but gas is such a killer.

Back on-topic: the PVD on my Lüm-Tec C3 has held up really well on the watch head. I'm definitely clumsy when it comes to watches.

I've had my M49 less than a week and I just noticed some scratches. It's gonna happen, man.

Anyone have a good way to remove the scratches from brushed SS?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The tiny redhead dinged her brand spanking new Civic Hybrid last week - had it three days. She ain't over it, but I hope she will be - Thursday. She acts as if it was somehow my fault and I wasn't within twenty miles. $100.00 to make it go away. I'm paying -- Thursday.
Of course it's your fault, that's the normal thought process....!!:biggrin::biggrin: Of course, by getting it fixed for her, your just reinforcing that thought process :glare: Take this as good advice, which you'll forget as soon as it happens again! :T

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I hate getting that first scratch, but once it's there it's there. Might as well wear it everywhere now and enjoy it rather than saving it and pampering it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Of course it's your fault, that's the normal thought process....!!:biggrin::biggrin: Of course, by getting it fixed for her, your just reinforcing that thought process :glare: Take this as good advice, which you'll forget as soon as it happens again! :T
She's spoiled rotten. She got mad at me, kicked me on the shin with her barefoot, almost broke her toe and blamed me for it.

Always has been spoiled. She was an ugly, skinny, freckled, tiny redheaded girl with green eyes. All the kids called her "Lizard". Her dad made her rotten trying to make her feel better. Now she's beautiful, but still spoiled. I love her that way. Might as well. Lizards don't change their spots...

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Anyone have a good way to remove the scratches from brushed SS?
One of the quickest & cheapest ways - get a yellow / green scotch brite pad from the supermarket or WalMart. Just run it down the bracelet / case with the green side in the same direction as the brushed grain. that works wonders for a brushed finish. 5 minutes & you'll be back to new. And it works for satin finish too. Just do the same thing then turn it over & use the yellow side as a finishing 'sanding'.

If it's too deep for the scotch-brite, then if you have a dremel you can get brushing wheels off the internet that'll be more aggressive. But IMO if it's too deep for the scotch-brite, you probably don't want to take that much metal off. The scotch brite will still clean up a deep scratch, it just won't remove it completely. I've got an assortment of about 8 different grained brush wheels for the dremel, but 90+% of the time I'm using the scotch-brite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts