WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this Monday, but didn't get the chance to get pics till today. This helps offset the days drraaaaggging by till the next 2 get here in July & October (if everything's on track). As soon as I saw that charcoal sunray dial, I was in love! I know orange hands & numbers aren't everyones cup 'o tea, but I love 'em.

M41  1.jpg

M41  2.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on a great watch. I wore mine to work yesterday and had 2 people tell me that they liked the watch and wanted to know the brand.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have this watch in both PVD and stainless steel; this is a LUM-TEC Classic. :thumbup1:

Reactions: Jazzmaster

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awesome pics!

How's the blue lume? How long does it last compared to the standard "green" lume? I'm assuming they don't apply as much lume as they do for the hours.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Awesome pics!

How's the blue lume? How long does it last compared to the standard "green" lume? I'm assuming they don't apply as much lume as they do for the hours.
The 'blue lume' has short life as compared to hour and minute hands and the other non- blue lume.

As I have posted above I have two of these watches, one in stainless steel and the other PVD, and they both get worn often.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree w/ Sidecross about the lume. Our power went out last nite--woke up w/no idea what time it was. Gave my M41 a 10sec blast w/ a UV flashlight & it was still easily readable 4 hrs later. Not bright, but easy to tell time by.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the answers. I'm familiar with the lume as I have 2 Lüm-Tecs, C3 & M49. I can see the time long into the night.

I was wondering in particular about the blue lume on the minute markers as my models dont have that. Can you see the blue minute marker lume long into the night?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks for the answers. I'm familiar with the lume as I have 2 Lüm-Tecs, C3 & M49. I can see the time long into the night.

I was wondering in particular about the blue lume on the minute markers as my models dont have that. Can you see the blue minute marker lume long into the night?
The 'Blue' fades quickly but some lume remains, but not as 'Blue'.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Agree w/ Sidecross about the lume. Our power went out last nite--woke up w/no idea what time it was. Gave my M41 a 10sec blast w/ a UV flashlight & it was still easily readable 4 hrs later. Not bright, but easy to tell time by.
I have an INOVA X5 UV flashlight that runs on two 123 lithium batteries and a few seconds of that soft blue light turns on the lume to full power.

A caution with all UV flashlights is not to shine them directly into your eyes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts