WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my M24 this weekend. Its is AWESOME ! I couldnt be happier.

With the carbon fiber and AR coating it literally changes color. At different angles you get the carbon fiber .... you get the blue .... and you even some grey and black.

And with the 3 different straps (rubber / leather and the tungsten) and the way the crystal changes color, I really do feel that I have a very versatile watch here. Its like several different watches to me.

Boy is it HEAVY. You for sure know its on your wrist.

Wore it out Saturday night and got 2 compliments / questions on what it was --- who made it --- and even a repeat at the end of the night with a "whats the name of the place again?" As he typed it into his phone. So I'm sure that guys hooked soon.

Anyone debating I say go for it. You won't regret it.

Second thought .... Only regret is now I'm looking for a B3 !!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts

With the carbon fiber and AR coating it literally changes color. At different angles you get the carbon fiber .... you get the blue .... and you even some grey and black.

And with the 3 different straps (rubber / leather and the tungsten) and the way the crystal changes color, I really do feel that I have a very versatile watch here. Its like several different watches to me.

Boy is it HEAVY. You for sure know its on your wrist.

Wore it out Saturday night and got 2 compliments / questions on what it was --- who made it --- and even a repeat at the end of the night with a "whats the name of the place again?" As he typed it into his phone. So I'm sure that guys hooked soon.

Anyone debating I say go for it. You won't regret it.

Second thought .... Only regret is now I'm looking for a B3 !!!!!
I've got an M24 on order, and I own a B3. My B3 is my go to watch...it works everywhere. If you can find one, snatch it up!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Congrats on the new watch!

The M24 seems to be very popular lately...
Not surprising to me since I already know for quite a while what a fine watch this is.
It probably gets the most wrist time of all my LTs, I wear it to work every day..

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
The M24 is a fantastic piece. That dial is magical, especially in changing light, different times of day. Congratulations!

PS .. If you think it's heavy, now, wait until you get it on the bracelet!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Really, I'm the first to say this? Ok then....

PICTURES! WE NEED PICTURES!!!

There.... Now that we've addressed that, congrats! :thumbup1: :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...if you can get on the bracelet..

I've had on the bracelet on just about the whole time.

Changing it is a challenge. But there is a new video on the forum and youtube on how to get the Tunsten bracelet on thats pretty helpful. After a coulple tries you get the hang of it. Also since its tungsten you can muscle it a little and not worry about scrathes.

Working on pics!

·
Registered
29 Posts

Changing it is a challenge. But there is a new video on the forum and youtube on how to get the Tunsten bracelet on thats pretty helpful. After a coulple tries you get the hang of it. Also since its tungsten you can muscle it a little and not worry about scrathes.

Working on pics!
Nice. I had them mount mine on the bracelet so hopefully I won't have too much trouble when mine gets here switching the bands.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice. I had them mount mine on the bracelet so hopefully I won't have too much trouble when mine gets here switching the bands.
I worked for hours attempting to mount my M21 on the bracelet. Could never get it done. Returned it for Lum-Tec to attach the bracelet. Bes said it was simple after you do it a couple hundred times. I'll never take it off. Besides, I really like the bracelet on this watch. It makes for a bold presence.

Lunch is over - back to work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
All the difficulty 'issues' with the bracelet (if any), are about attaching it. Removing it is easy and fast. fwiw.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Really, I'm the first to say this? Ok then....

PICTURES! WE NEED PICTURES!!!

There.... Now that we've addressed that, congrats! :thumbup1: :biggrin:
+1

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congratulations! I love My M24. It looks good ona lot of different straps, even the NATO. That's my watch for when I have to be dressed well. I never put the bracelet on because I change bands so often but it is really nice, and heah it's REALLY heavy.

To all of those on the fence if you have the means I highly recommend one. They only made 175 so you can't just assume you'll get it another time.

Pics of mine. At night and with the Nato strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Love the CF dial. If I didn't already have M20 I'd be definitely pick up one of these. Congrats!

·
Registered
623 Posts
So how are you enjoying it? Mine really spoiled stainless steel for me. If I could afford it I'd get almost all my watches in tungsten. The stuff just looks and feels incredible. Another fun thing about the M24 is setting it to the atomic clock and then looking the next day to see it's still right there within a second. I have about a half dozen different bands I wear with it too, it's a very versatile watch. A woman remarked to me how big it was recently and I realized I don't even think of it as large anymore even though it has pretty large face. Lumtec has reset what I thought a big watch is. Now my old watches feel cheap and light.

An old pic I found that shows off the CF dial nicely.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

Working on pics!
I have my tungsten on the bracelet, which in reality, is why I bought it - the whole tungsten kit - and I'll never take it off. Never.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So how are you enjoying it? Mine really spoiled stainless steel for me. If I could afford it I'd get almost all my watches in tungsten. The stuff just looks and feels incredible. Another fun thing about the M24 is setting it to the atomic clock and then looking the next day to see it's still right there within a second. I have about a half dozen different bands I wear with it too, it's a very versatile watch. A woman remarked to me how big it was recently and I realized I don't even think of it as large anymore even though it has pretty large face. Lumtec has reset what I thought a big watch is. Now my old watches feel cheap and light.

An old pic I found that shows off the CF dial nicely.

From the image you posted it looks like you have a 22mm strap on a 24mm lug tungsten watch head.

This could be an accident waiting to happen; I would suggest using only a 24mm strap and the thickest spring pin that would fit the strap.

Reactions: Ladd Gardner

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
From the image you posted it looks like you have a 22mm strap on a 24mm lug tungsten watch head.

This could be an accident waiting to happen; I would suggest using only a 24mm strap and the thickest spring pin that would fit the strap.
Good catch, SideMan. I didn't even notice the fitment issue, and -- you're right about this being a potentially dangerous situation. Watch straps SHOULD NOT be allowed to move between the lugs of a case, as this could very possibly cause the strap to tug one of the spingbar feet from its lug-hole anchorage. The correct fit of a strap between lugs is a vital part of keeping its springbar securely in place. :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts