WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris, have you come up with a name yet, for the new lume technology you are going to be doing with the Abyss and cut out dial? If the rest of the collections have Maximum Darkness Visibility, would these be the "Turn Night Into Day" models?

What's the new mantra?

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
The only problem with "Daylight Luminescence" is that the untutored folks who are new to the world of watches/watch collecting might think, "Yeah -- but I want something that glows in the dark, too!" :confused1:

:001_tt2::lol:

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
IOB-MDV: Insanely Obnoxiously Bright - Maximum Darkness Visibility! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Something simple, and really meaningful: "EQUINOX" -- as in equal day and night. You know it makes sense :laugh:

(just send the cheque to the usual address, Chris :thumbup:)

Reactions: Ladd Gardner

·
Registered
623 Posts
I want to know more about whats going on under the dial. I know that having the lume stick out will charge it better than the recessed sandwich dials because it will be hit from all angles but how much light can possibly be bouncing around under the dial? I could see if the dial had holes or slits to let in outside light but it's hard to imagine charged blocks of superlummie throwing off enough light to keep themselves glowing signifigantly longer through reflection. Then again I'm not really sure exactly how this tech works.

I also wonder if the raw performance of superluminova has improved since the start of the company?

How about for names, Recessed Sandwich Dial for the old ones and Protruding Sandwich Dial for the new tech. This way you don't have to interpret marketing slogans.

I didn't know it glowed in the day, any pics of that? Hard to imagine any superluminova looking like it's glowing in the day without being charged in the last 5 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.