WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought it during last week's Sunday Run for $199.

First impressions. It is a heavy watch, but much more wearable than my Reserve Venom. Seems to me, at least, for the price, there is a lot of work put into the case with a mix of polished and brushed stainless steel.

The dial is black and the minute, second, and 10th of second dials are surround by polished steel or very shiny plastic:blush:. The date is at the 6 o'clock position and I can actually read it :thumbup: From 10-2, there is a retrograde day of the week indicator. It is powered by a Ronda N movement.

As far as lume, it uses Invicta's trinite. On this watch, the hour, minute, both second hands, the chrono hands, and the hour markers shine rather brightly. How long does it last? I'll have to wear the watch for awhile and I'll get back to you.

The crystal is Invicta's flame fusion, which is basically, a sapphire coated mineral crystal. In this price range, I'd prefer a sapphire crystal.

It is a shame Invicta let their name be tarnished by quality and "shady where am I made?" practices because my Reserve Venom and this Sub Aqua both have some of the most intricate and well made cases of any of the watches I own.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Congrats on the new SAS. That is super nice and I love that movement. For the price you got a great deal. I own a midsized version and I agree its one of the best cases out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love that watch, in either the black or blue face (1564). Missed the sale, I will wait before shelling out the $500.00+ they are asking now.! currently I am wearing a SAN IV 6575, in Rosegold. You got a great bargain, hope to join you soon.!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up an Invicta 1564, new with all included for 250.00, what a deal.! Pics to follow soon. I am a chrono fan, and also own a SAN IV. This blue just was too much to ignore, and the complications on this watch are to die for.! And a reserve level piece to boot.!

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just picked up an Invicta 1564, new with all included for 250.00, what a deal.! Pics to follow soon. I am a chrono fan, and also own a SAN IV. This blue just was too much to ignore, and the complications on this watch are to die for.! And a reserve level piece to boot.!

View attachment 33793
Congrats. I like the blue, but the black was the only version I caught on the Sunday Run.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Invicta 1564

Congrats. I like the blue, but the black was the only version I caught on the Sunday Run.
Hey Grumpyguy,
How are you and I hope you are enjoying the 1566.! I was originally getting the 1566, but I have a black faced piece in another brand, and wanted a different look, you know? The prices are all over the place at the Shop. At one point the 1564 was priced WAY above the 1566, and now they are reversed, almost to the penny, and by over 100.00 difference. Go figure.! I think I will see what is up with their next event because after the 11th season show from the Bahamas, the prices have spiked again there.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Grumpyguy,
How are you and I hope you are enjoying the 1566.! I was originally getting the 1566, but I have a black faced piece in another brand, and wanted a different look, you know? The prices are all over the place at the Shop. At one point the 1564 was priced WAY above the 1566, and now they are reversed, almost to the penny, and by over 100.00 difference. Go figure.! I think I will see what is up with their next event because after the 11th season show from the Bahamas, the prices have spiked again there.
Invicta's Sunday runs have some fantastic deals. The problem is that you have to sit at your computer all day if you want a specific watch. I was sick as a dog that Sunday and checked the Sunday Run during occasional bouts of consciousness. This one popped up, I liked it and decided to get it.

Not bad for choice made in delirium : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.