WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a pre owned 6090 and think I may be in some trouble. The watch runs and keeps time, but I can't figure out the operation of the single button and the "second hand" on the watch face. If I pull the crown out all the way, then press it to the "date" position, I can get that "hand" to sweep around, but I don't understand what it is. It doesn't seem to function as a stop watch, etc. Of course, I may not know how to operate it and could find no manuals online anywhere. The links to a manual at Invictawatches.com don't work.

Anyhow, I thought I would ask before panicking. Thank you for reading this thread.

chaz

posting.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! It looks like you have a GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) not a chronograph. It allows you to track another time zone or give you a quick way to figure the current military time. I have family in Portugal so when I wear a GMT watch I'll set the GMT hand to their time.

Here is an explanation: Greenwich Mean Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The good thing is that you've already figured how to set it which is what usually what stumps people.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!!! It looks like you have a GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) not a chronograph. It allows you to track another time zone or give you a quick way to figure the current military time. I have family in Portugal so when I wear a GMT watch I'll set the GMT hand to their time.

Here is an explanation: Greenwich Mean Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The good thing is that you've already figured how to set it which is what usually what stumps people.
Hey,
Thank you for the very welcoming response. I paid $70.00 for both of these watches. Did I do ok?

Invicta2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
If you were to list each one separately them on eBay I would say $70 plus or minus a few bucks would be a reasonable expectation. Brand new these models can be found, depending on discounts/special offers, for anywhere between $100 to $180.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
any idea on the movement. Im looking at that watch. I read somewhere it has a ronda 5040d but the dial isn't setup like the 5040D. anyone know the "swiss quartz movement" on this watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts