As my collection transforms into somrthing different, I have sold six watches in the last 6 weeks and have funded 3 purchases. The latest of which is better known as the birthplace of the Father of our Country, Mount Vernon.
Hamilton first built the Mount Vernon in 1932 and only built 1721 pieces.. Here is a picture of the original version...
The original is stunning!
The following are the stats on my modern version:
* Tonneau shape stainless steel case in polished/unpolished finish
* Sapphire crystal
* Black dial with raised silver numerals and silver hands with luminous insets
* Sub-second hand at the 9 o'clock position
* 12 Hour Chronograph Register
*Swiss automatic (self-winding) Valjoux cal. 7750 movement
* Water resistant to 30 meters
* Width of case approximately 36 mm (approx 1 1/4 inches) excluding setting crown and 11mm thick
Here are the pictures:
Notice how the buckle is detailed like the case.
The movement is nice and polished.
It has a no lug design.
It has a thick curved case and curved sapphire crystal.