WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone...

My new, 1st modern Hamilton arrived yesterday! It is a Khaki Mechanical. A very simple plan watch powered by a ETA 2804-2 wind up!

So far it is + 7 seconds for 24 hrs...I do not think that is too bad! I suspect it will "settle down" after a period of time.

The watch appears very well made. The strap feels good on wrist, may get a light brown leather strap later on.

BTW.. I have a Jazzmaster Viewmatic on the way! Spending Christmas overtime money!

See photos...rather poor quality.. cell phone... does not do justice to this watch!

Hamilton Khaki.jpg Hamilton Khaki Manual 38 mm.jpg

Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Very nice. What size is it? I tried on a similar watch at the Bahamas dealer that ad a bund strap and a leather cover over it. Very cool.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan...

It's 38mm size, which I do like. I think i am hooked on Hamilton watches, seem to offer a great watch for the dollar! I have nothing against automatics, but it is nice to have a few watches that require winding, just something about that...!

Not to mention the history of the company, and the fact that I can collect the vintage watches as well, like my Sidney and the Dexter that you sold me.

Best wishes for a great 2012!

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts