WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and to watches in general. I just purchased a new Grand Diver Pro from Invicta. I must say, I've heard some negative things about the watch but I've been pretty satisfied. I set the time along side with my seiko and it's been keeping time pretty darn accurate. I would say that the seconds might have sped up a few seconds over the past two days. Other than that I haven't found any extreme flaws with the watch. I got the two tone with blue dial and bezel. When I get a chance to sneak my wife's camara away from her I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys, here they are. Sorry if I over did it with the pics, I just had a hard time choosing which ones to post. I'm sure you guys know how that goes.

Heres a low light shot...

And one in complete darkness

There they are! I tried to give as many aspects of the watch as possible. Hope you guys enjoy them. :D Kevin

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great pics, thanks!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and to watches in general. I just purchased a new Grand Diver Pro from Invicta. I must say, I've heard some negative things about the watch but I've been pretty satisfied. I set the time along side with my seiko and it's been keeping time pretty darn accurate. I would say that the seconds might have sped up a few seconds over the past two days. Other than that I haven't found any extreme flaws with the watch. I got the two tone with blue dial and bezel. When I get a chance to sneak my wife's camara away from her I'll post a picture.
@soflcopper, What were the negative comments you have heard about the Grand Diver? I have one and it's a great watch!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard of time keeping problems, the gold on the band wearing out, bad customer service, etc. I'll tell you, so far I love this watch. It's very stunning and is definitely a conversation starter. I wish I could wear it all the time! :biggrin: I actually feel like purchasing a couple of the other styles of the Grand Diver so that I could have a few choices. Only problem is that my wife would kill me. She doesn't even know that I have two new watches on the way :001_unsure:, hopefully her Chrismas gifts will keep her off my backside for a while;). In case I don't post up again till after tomarrow, Merry Christmas everyone and please stay safe out there. Kevin

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hey Kevin,
The Grand Diver with the silver dial and blue bezel is the one I used to have. One of the things that bugs me about many watch manufactures including Invicta is the fact that quite often they do not have enough contrast between the dial and the hand colors. I have seen watches that have white dials and white hands. I think it's ridiculous but the Grand Diver I used to have (my co-worker begged me to sell it to him) the hands jumped off of the dial. It is a great looking watch. As far as problems with accurate time keeping goes I never had any. I had mine regulated by a watchmaker because it was gaining 16 seconds per day. he got it down to 1 second every 3 to 4 days. Anyway I just thought I would pass that along.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the reply Falcon. I'm very pleased with my purchase and I will definetly buy Invicta again. I feel that it might be an underated company.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts