WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this on the Japan-language portion of ballwatch.com. All I can say is that they'd better import this one here in North America! It has the chrome rings of the Skylab, the longer tubes of the Stormchaser, and no Tachymeter bezel. A dressier Fireman chrono than prior versions. I really like it!

The question is whether to buy it in black or white.

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sweet!! Looks like a much nicer Ionosphere (in fact the model#is the same as Ionosphere??) I'm hoping it makes it here!
Word from Ball USA is that the watch is a limited edition for Japan, but there may be a new Ionosphere sometime this year. I hope it is similar to this!!
Mike

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Word from Ball USA is that the watch is a limited edition for Japan, but there may be a new Ionosphere sometime this year. I hope it is similar to this!!
Mike
Me too. I like the Ionosphere (and I KNOW you like yours too, Mike). If I recall, however, the black model only came in panda dial, not all-black. This is one of the reasons why I like this new Ionosphere with silver accent ring around the subdials.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Since it's a Japanese-market watch, I wonder if they've made it a bit smaller or if it's using the exact same specs. Seems several manufactures are making smaller versions for the purpose of an Asian-only marketing, so it wouldn't surprise me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts