WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought I'd share with you guys my experience in getting my hands on a brand new SS Daytona. I'd always wanted to add the daytona to my Datejust but the scare stories of waiting lists over 3 years etc always put me off. I finally put my name on the waiting list in a local AD and thought nothing of it as I was on the bottom of the second page.

Less than 8 weeks later I received a call stating that if I could come into the AD the following day they had a SS Daytona (Black Face) which was mine if I wanted it - amazing. It seems that although many dealers do have a theoretical list of many years based on only getting an allocation of one or two Daytonas a year this can be misleading for the following reasons

• In current economic times many on the list wont purchase when put on the spot
  • Daytonas are iconic so many people go on a list in the spur of the moment
  • ADs often just call everyone on the list in order until someone picks up as they want to move the watch as fast as possible

In summary my advice would be if you want a Daytona in the UK get on a list and put your ADs telephone number into your phonebook so you dont miss their call

G

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
No question that it's easier now to get a Daytona than it was 2-3 years ago, for many of the reasons you point to. Congratulations! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Hi,

I thought I'd share with you guys my experience in getting my hands on a brand new SS Daytona. I'd always wanted to add the daytona to my Datejust but the scare stories of waiting lists over 3 years etc always put me off. I finally put my name on the waiting list in a local AD and thought nothing of it as I was on the bottom of the second page.

Less than 8 weeks later I received a call stating that if I could come into the AD the following day they had a SS Daytona (Black Face) which was mine if I wanted it - amazing. It seems that although many dealers do have a theoretical list of many years based on only getting an allocation of one or two Daytonas a year this can be misleading for the following reasons

• In current economic times many on the list wont purchase when put on the spot
  • Daytonas are iconic so many people go on a list in the spur of the moment
  • ADs often just call everyone on the list in order until someone picks up as they want to move the watch as fast as possible

In summary my advice would be if you want a Daytona in the UK get on a list and put your ADs telephone number into your phonebook so you dont miss their call

G
I remember the feeling, congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts