WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Saturday L/T forum...This thought has been burning a hole in my brain for a week now...I am DIE'n,DIE'n I tells yah,to have an OVERSIZE DIAMOND crown(you know the old timey pilot type)on my Combat B16...Any interest here in trying to get L/T to accomodate us???Anyone with photoshop skills that could dummy up a pic???Haver a great saturday everyone...

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Combat series must have taken some kind of inspiration from those classic aviator watches - I think it's an awesome idea. Still, a diamond crown would admittedly lessen the ruggedness of the piece, but would look stellar nonetheless.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Do you have a reference photo? all I have is Aperature on Mac and not photoshop but if I can figure it out I'll give a shot at a render.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Lol at that historically totally incorrect design of that steinhart :001_tt2:

I wouldn't want a crown like that on any of my combats.
An onion crown maybe... because it goes well together with the coin edge bezel.

An onion crown like this:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Forgetabout it!

I wouldn't buy one with a huge crown. Looks ok on a Stowa if it's an onion (small) but please, not on the LT Combats , unless it's an option. I like em the way there are----thx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oversized Diamond Crown

The only one I've owned... Diamond Crown Biltmore

(might be looking for a new home, since I gave-up cigars) ...hint, hint !!! :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The Combat series must have taken some kind of inspiration from those classic aviator watches - I think it's an awesome idea. Still, a diamond crown would admittedly lessen the ruggedness of the piece, but would look stellar nonetheless.
I'd knock it off for sure. The B crown is just what I need. Tight against the case, flat and thin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts