WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The color is close, if so. Shame there isn't a choice of one with the 5-minute markings that characterize most of the B Combat models. The 43/22mm size should be a hit. They look great overall - nice work Lüm-Tec!

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
________B18___________________________________________________B19

·
Registered
106 Posts
Comes with FOUR straps? Wow. What a great set!

Love the B19 but not 100% sold on the green leather strap. The rest of the kit sounds fantastic though! Been eyeballing the SCB2 for some time now but I've been deterred by the 45mm size... this looks a bit more comfortable! Super cool...

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
I'm anxious to get a look at the white NATO!

Reactions: Bebop

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
I have to admit, I wasn't sure if the B18 was black or brown or gun metal. The black dial on the other models look black; this one doesn't.
I'm wondering if that has something to do with your monitor calibration because it looks totally black to me.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Matte black on the B18. OD green on the B19.
Chris, the text, "OD green," on the B19 needs to be added to the descriptive text under PRODUCT DESCRIPTION because it's not readily apparent, visually, when looking at the graphics. Both dials (B18/B19) just look dark, but the green hue on the B19 is not apparent -- at least it's not clearly green on my MacBook Pro, which is calibrated and used, daily, for commercial graphics work in my landscaping business (website maint., etc.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
The B19 show green on my computer...

Are the buckles, rivets, and rings bronze or bronze coated? Will they develop a patina with the rest of the watch? Maybe its to early to ask this question with the delays in the bronze supply.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
The B19 show green on my computer...

Are the buckles, rivets, and rings bronze or bronze coated? Will they develop a patina with the rest of the watch? Maybe its to early to ask this question with the delays in the bronze supply.
Very good question. My guess is that the strap jewelry will feature some sort of "bronze-like" PVD application.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
+1. The B19 dial is clearly OD green and the B18 dial is clearly matte black on my MBP. If you can't see a clear difference, it's your eyes or your monitor IMO.
Both you and milkplus71 are correct. I just recalibrated my MBP, and now it's plainly OD green. Still think it'd be helpful for Chris to include descriptive text, however. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
336 Posts
A descriptive text ? For the people that own an inferior TN panel ...and order a watch with a Green Dial, and thought it was Red ??
I wanna see the look on there faces, when the watch arrives with the mailman. A man that you always thought he was Asian, but
appears to be an South African. Now you ask; is it my inferior panel, or my eyes .. you tell me.

In that case; a descriptive text would work :001_tongue:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.