WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about a new car for a while and have looked at a few recently. I love the 370Z, but no back seats was a deal killer. I was thinking about a VW Golf GTI but when the new Subaru BRZ I had a look and a drive and ordered one!! It is a real wheel drive sports car developed in partnership with Toyota who have released their version, the Toyota 86. It is a fabulous car to drive, really responsive with great handling. The only problem is the waiting list!! I could be a year before I get delivery. :crying:

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are definitely talk of an STi version, but it seems it will be mostly cosmetic with bigger wheels, a body kit etc. Maybe no change to the engine as they say there isn't enough room under the hood to add a turbo.

If they do bring one out I hope i can upgrade my order!!

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't see the horsepower & torque ratings. :confused1:
The BRZ utilizes a Subaru 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder motor with a Toyota D-4S fuel injection system, which uniquely combines direct injection and port injection technology. A direct-type fuel-injection system, which sprays fuel directly into the combustion chambers rather than upstream into the ports, provides a cooling effect in the cylinders, enabling the use of a sky-high 12.5:1 compression ratio to extract maximum energy from the fuel. In light- and medium-load conditions, the system's port fuel injectors help produce precise combustion, increasing performance and efficiency.

The result of the joint effort between Subaru and Toyota is 200 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque, which may not sound like much in a time of 280-horsepower family sedans but is actually more than enough to move the lightweight BRZ with authority.

:thumbup1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.