WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally came across the right one, and pulled the trigger on my favorite breitling. My co-worker/boss finally decided that he wanted to sell his super ocean, and I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and of course the wife was sick of hearing about it, and said in a text message, if you don't buy it, I'm gonna be ****ed. My boss also shot me a price that I couldn't believe, and the only reason why he sold it to me according to him, was because I badgered him long enough about it, so I stroked a check, and home I came with my new to me super ocean. It has recently been serviced at the local AD. I'm just waiting for my boss to get me the rest of the stuff, such as the black rubber strap, the box and paper work. The watch was purchased new from the local Milwaukee AD by himself, I have been there a few times with him, and they are super cool there. I can't believe I finally own one of my grails. He also threw in three hats, and a new wallet.

I also bought a new 2012 chronolog book a few nights ago. I have been in love with Breitling since I came across them, and my boss started taking me to the AD and I started coming on here and learning about them.

Here are some pics, I'm gonna try to get better at taking them, alot of my pics really suck, my wife who is a professional photographer likes to see me struggle.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So not only did you get grail watch, you got one that was serviced recently AND you got some booty along with it too...that is a BIG win in any book. Congrats:thumbup1:

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Congrats! Big leagues feel good huh? Just found that out for myself. Although your breitling is probably higher end right? Held above Rolex?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Congrats! Big leagues feel good huh? Just found that out for myself. Although your breitling is probably higher end right? Held above Rolex?
???? I really don't get you some times just a kid I guess.
Yep, no tact. Difference is George had to skimp and save and plan to get what he got. stract was given his...huge difference in my book.

Asking if it's higher end than Rolex? Come on, your not fooling anyone. You had your post and your gifts were amazing and awesome and I'm sure you'll appreciate and take care of them. It's George's turn, don't steal his thunder with comment like that.

BTW for the big league look at javajava or Donut. Then you'll realize there's a lot more out there than Rolex.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
bczolone said:
Yep, no tact. Difference is George had to skimp and save and plan to get what he got. stract was given his...huge difference in my book.

Asking if it's higher end than Rolex? Come on, your not fooling anyone. You had your post and your gifts were amazing and awesome and I'm sure you'll appreciate and take care of them. It's George's turn, don't steal his thunder with comment like that.

BTW for the big league look at javajava or Donut. Then you'll realize there's a lot more out there than Rolex.
What? No! Are you kidding me? I was congratulating him on his really nice watch! Not trying to "steel" anything. I'm not trying to "fool anyone" I don't understand what you mean. I'm also 18 and am trying to find a job in this crappy economy which, if you maybe noticed, is freaking hard. The superocean is a fantastic watch and is WAY out of what I could afford. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm done with you.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Welcome to the 'club' :thumbup1:. I don't think you'll be disappointed, but now you'll have to choose a new grail and start aiming for that :laugh:.
Mine says 'Hi'...

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
???? I really don't get you some times just a kid I guess.

His promise from yesterday didn't last long, did it?

I'll just stop posting in threads now
Anything else I have to say will be sent in a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Congrats on the new Breitling! I know you've been wanting one for a long time so I'm glad to see you were able to fulfill that dream.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new Breitling! I know you've been wanting one for a long time so I'm glad to see you were able to fulfill that dream.
Welcome to the majors George! :thumbup1:
Awesome! Congrats!

Geez look at all the stuff, someone bought a lot of Breitlings! 3 hats and a wallet?
Thanks Dennis, also thanks for the warm wishes, this was a 3 year saving process, and a few trips to the local AD with him. My boss had this super ocean, a chronomat evolution with tahitian mother of pearl limited edition, his wife has a few lady versions as well. The hats and wallet are the coolest in my opinion. He just gave them to me and told me that they were taking up way too much closet space.

I'm still in shock that I own this thing, it hasn't really set in yet, but it willl, so don't be shocked if in the daily wrist thread I'm wearing this one alot!!!!!

Thanks again for all the support, I'll work on taking some much better pics too.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'm still in shock that I own this thing, it hasn't really set in yet, but it willl, so don't be shocked if in the daily wrist thread I'm wearing this one alot!!!!!
I think mine was on my wrist for almost a year straight...lol...they are awesome and I bet you've noticed the quality difference right away, you've acquired a very nice watch!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the warm wishes, I did set my eyes on my next breitling, and that is the new colt 44mm, I really want one of those too now! To say I got bit by the Breitling bug is a true understatement.

By the way, I blame Dennis for this purchase!

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
thanks for all the warm wishes, I did set my eyes on my next breitling, and that is the new colt 44mm, I really want one of those too now! To say I got bit by the Breitling bug is a true understatement.
Now you sound like a chronic WIS.

By the way, I blame Dennis for this purchase!
Good to have my enabler status confirmed every now & again. :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts