WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

New Boulton Arrived!

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mgiraz 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, it's not new, but it's new to me! An esteemed colleague of ours sold it to me and I received it today. It's gorgeous. I love it. I now know how Timebender felt when he got his. I hope he can get everything worked out because it is a watch that makes you smile everytime you look at it. I haven't stopped grinning like since I bought my Speedy, and before that my Ventura. There's a twinkle in my eye and I recommend every Hamilton fan go out and buy one. SS or gold, large, medium or small, if you like vintage watches, this is it.

It's so cool, I've actually taken off my Khaki for the first time in two months.

Here's a photo that my esteemed colleague shot. I hope he doesn't mind me using it. I'll take some photos once I can get the chance. Photo courtesy of our esteemed colleague.

I believe there are three watches every Hamilton fan should own. A Ventura, a Khaki, and a Boulton. :thumbup:

This makes my fourth Hamilton: Ventura Chronograph, MIB Digital, Khaki Field Mechanical, Boulton :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks again Buddy, you know who you are! :wink:

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats! I was tickled to death when I got mine and then it went to crap!:cursing:

Hopefully, I will have it working sometime soon and then I can be happy again!:biggrin:

got info from bluedial today. I have to pay to ship it back and then they will let me know if they are going to fix it under the store warranty or if they will charge me?:blink:

Weird thing is they wanted me to send the warranty (hamilton warranty) card along with it?:confused1: The only thing that looks like it would be a warranty card is on the back of the "international warranty book" there is what appears to be one. However, nothing was filled out on it by blue dial. I sent them an email with that info and asking for clarification. Will keep all advised to how they deal with me.

Again, I did know how you feel and I am happy that you have one now, in good working order too!:thumbup:

#8 ·
I've been wearing my Boulton for a few days now and really like it. It's so light that I don't feel I'm really wearing a watch at all and to tell you the truth, that feels great.

You get used to the size real quick. I don't see it as small anymore. It fits like a glove (or a watch). I've usually got my Speedy on or my Tissot Seastar, so this is quite a size shocker for me, but something that feels good. I think they may have had it right back in the day where watches were small and legible and didn't get in the way of what you were doing. Simple, classy and light. Perfect. I now put on my Speedy and Seastar and WOW! are they large to me. A heavy chunk of metal. The contrast is really cool and I'm having a blast with it. Everyone should get one!

#10 ·
Update on my boulton

As instructed by bluedial, I sent the watch back insured at my cost, $21.46. It will get to them on the 16th. According to them, they will look at the watch and if it is deemed by them, to be a problem that is covered under their warranty (gray market so the warranty if from them) they will fix it at no cost and return to me.

If they determine the problem is not covered by their warranty, :mad: they will send me a quote for the cost or repairs.:crying::cursing:

As it failed in the first 24 hours I do not know how it would not be covered.:confused1: I will continue to update you guys on how they handle this and when I may see my Boulton again.

#12 ·
I visited a local AD yesterday with my girlfriend. I tried on an automatic Trent, which she liked. I then asked her opinion of the Boulton in the case. She didn't care for it. It reminded her of something somebody's grandfather wore. I know this is the same reason some people give for liking the watch. I still like it and may buy a vintage model one day. I obviously respect her opinion and we agree on a lot of matters of taste. However, we can't agree on everything.

#13 ·
The first thing I learned was that if I like a watch, I'll buy it. I don't care if my wife doesn't like it. She's not wearing it. If she tilts me to buy a different watch I like, then I'll go her way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.