WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's real nice, I just bought the Reserve bolt Zeus 12733 which is black with brown mother of pearl. Nice watch it is only my second and my first is a puppy sub-specialty model which I really like that case style. Have not decided if definitely going to keep the Zeus guess I better decide soon.

By the way been lurking here for some time this is my first post

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
Hello McGoo! Welcome, and thank you for stepping out from the shadows. I hope you'll stick around so we can get to know you and vice-versa. And if you decide to keep that RBZ, howz about sharing some pics of it with us. On second thought, maybe show us anyway? This could very well be the only chance we'll get to see it. :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Photos!

Also, you read the warning, not to wear it, while trying to board a plane?
TSA Agents have been known to miss-identify it as a weapon.

Which leads to unusually long body cavity searches. :w00t:

Also, please tell me the meaning for your username, or just give us a nick name.

Something is not sticking with the spelling.

Although the sounding of it, is innocent enough.

Respectfully.
tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
A nick name I grew up with which is similiar to me last name when butchered...lol

Owners of Bolt Zeus's need your opinion, just been reading some people complaining about the color chipping off just by itself which would mean the process was not correct. I have to decide in the next day or two whether or not to keep it or move on. I know they plan on using automatic movements in the bolt zeus in the future. Originally I ordered it thinking that I would just check out what the hype was about and send it back but it has grown on me though. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
I've heard the horror stories about customer service, needed mechanical repairs, and faulty bracelets, but yours was the very first one involving paint chips. But there may be some reality to this story. Are these other Bolt Zeus owners referring to the paint chipping off the decorative cable pieces used on the watch?

This is a screen shot of a Zeus I found over at Amazon. When I enlarged the photo, I noticed a couple very small white spots on the cable surrounding the case but assumed it was nothing more than reflected lighting. Then I happened to notice the bracelet.

Those aren't reflections.
My two cents: (1) Send it back in exchange for an unpainted model (2) Keep the watch, and have handy a small bottle of modeling kit enamel for touch-ups (3) Just send it back and wait for the next new model that catches your eye. And that shouldn't be long. It seems like every other month Invicta introduces a brand new model.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I use Colored Sharpies.

They are fantastic for small touch-ups!!!!!!
Permanent, so they resist fading and wiping off.

Great for the painted rubber bumper skins, with rock pings.
Colored window molding with flaking plating, etc, etc....

I swear by them.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
Hmmmm. Wadda ya do if you need azure blue and all you have is a cobalt Sharpie? :blink:
I just figured with the model paints you've got like close to 100 different colors to choose from. :w00t:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could not resist on picking the new Zeus up, I like the idea of it having the automatic movement, not sure if it will go lower then 781 anytime soon. I went with the blue accent and and still have the 30 day rule but I think it will be a keeper. They played it off as a collector piece because it is the first Zeus that is a auto, guess it could be but they will make a bunch so doubt it. I am sure they will come out with auto's that have a better movement but will also be more money. Guess I will be sending the other Zeus back on Monday, which is ok I have my eye on a Specialty Subaqua in black that I like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.