Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this new Jade color theme would brighten up and be more
appropriate for our Japanese and Asian Forum! Any comments guys? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Speaking as an Asian, I think it looks nice.

If you want a colour-scheme, then the following facts might be worth noting:

Red - The Chinese colour of Celebration. During weddings, birthdays and new years celebrations, wearing something red is a good idea.
Gold/Yellow - The Chinese colour of Royalty.
Green - The colour of jade stone, one of the most prized things in ancient China.
Purple - The colour of aristocracy.
Silver - The colour of the chopsticks in the old imperial household. (Royal chopsticks were made of silver so that they would react with poison, just in case someone tried an assassination by poisoning the emperor's food).

NB:

White is the Chinese colour of mourning.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking as an Asian, I think it looks nice.

If you want a colour-scheme, then the following facts might be worth noting:

Red - The Chinese colour of Celebration. During weddings, birthdays and new years celebrations, wearing something red is a good idea.
Gold/Yellow - The Chinese colour of Royalty.
Green - The colour of jade stone, one of the most prized things in ancient China.
Purple - The colour of aristocracy.
See that John, maybe you should change the color of the Rolex Forum. :D

Silver - The colour of the chopsticks in the old imperial household. (Royal chopsticks were made of silver so that they would react with poison, just in case someone tried an assassination by poisoning the emperor's food).
These chopsticks would be great for the Invicta Forum, just in case someone tries to poison the cheese. :lol:

NB:

White is the Chinese colour of mourning.
:laugh:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
OK, I've been in the room for 30 minutes looking for the sake & sushi bar.. Can someone point me in the correct direction please?!?!?!?! :wink: :lol: :lol:

The new paint looks great KW! :thumbup1: Now you just gotta keep Zin from writing "Omega Rulez" in all the wet paint! :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
@Shangas: I was recently in Korea. AFAIK, that is the only Asian country there metal chopsticks are used everywhere. They tell the same story about silver chopsticks for the royal family to detect poison. But I later heard that after the war, it was just easier to make the chopsticks from all the left over steel from the war effort.

I hadn't noticed metal chopsticks in other countries.

·
Registered
95 Posts
These days, chopsticks are made mostly of plastic. It's cheaper and it's easier to clean. Metal isn't normally used to make chopsticks because it is a conductor of heat. Wood is sometimes used, but there are hygiene problems with wood. Some chopsticks are made of porcelain, but of course, these are prone to breakage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts