WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 7548-700B from 1988 was listed on the bay (uk) with no reserve last week. According to its description it was not working currently. As there were still no bidders and because I'm currently in a quartz mood I kindly asked the seller to speed up the procedure a bit and he kindly agreed. One week later this little gem arrived today. After replacing the battery with a fresh one (very clean movement) its now ticking again :biggrin:

...and next to my other 7548-700B from 1983 on the right...

(new one on the right now)

(new one now on the left)

Thank you Seiko for such great joy and value for money... :001_tt1:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Congrats on the score of that Quartz 7548 Pepsi diver, those along with the 6309's

are the absolute most compatible and interchangeable divers in the Seiko family bar none IMO. I have a strong love and bond to the 7548 quartz & 6309 automatic divers like no other, well besides the H558 Arnies and the Tuna family of course, they rock! lol :biggrin:

Great condition that one is in Mario!
Your collection has grown to superb models and they look awesome man...

Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a strong love and bond to the 7548 quartz & 6309 automatic divers like no other, well besides the H558 Arnies and the Tuna family of course, they rock! lol :biggrin:
Thanks Jim! Well said... btw: did anyone noticed my mistake regarding dating this 7548? Have a look at the case back... this 7548 ain't from 1988 but from 1978, thus it is a true vintage diver :001_tt1:

Not bad for a 34yo dive watch imho :thumbup1:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was gonna ask if you any other Seikos. Should have known better!! I agree with Jimmy, the 6309's are awesome to.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Your right Mario...it's MFG was February of 1978...

Notice the larger rounded caseback Tsuami medalian which is larger than the other early 80's produced watch, thats another indicator of late 70's production and makes these things really special to collect with many variants.

Good catch Mario & your right on, it's an early one for sure! :biggrin:

Jimmy

Thanks Jim! Well said... btw: did anyone noticed my mistake regarding dating this 7548? Have a look at the case back... this 7548 ain't from 1988 but from 1978, thus it is a true vintage diver :001_tt1:

Not bad for a 34yo dive watch imho :thumbup1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts