WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New arrival just in time for my daughter's wedding...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Friday, the day before by daughter's wedding, I had the opportunity to buy a new IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar for this very special occasion in my family. I had been expecting to get a WG Perpetual Calendar, but this RG one became available at my AD and I jumped on it to wear to the wedding and the reception. I am so happy with the two new additions to my family. My new son-in-law and my new IWC.

This is a quick couple of shots of this beauty. More photos will follow as I get the professional shots from the wedding. The Perpetual Calendar is a very special watch. All functions are controlled from the crown and it will only miss one moon phase in the next 577.5 years, not that I or my great-great-great grandchildren will know. The watch has many complications: day, date, month, four-digit year display, and the moon phases as well as a power reserve display and small seconds hand. This watch has a 7 day power reserve. It utilizes the Automatic Pellaton winding system. The crystal is AR coated with a back display crystal as well. It is 42.3 mm with a height of 15.6 mm.

Bill

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Beautiful watch. One of the best bangs for the buck out there in the mid range luxury lines. Congrats.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Double Congrats!!
What a beautiful watch!
I assume this one will stay on a winder?

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
BTW, crazy question, I know; but, how does an user of the IWC watch line up the moon phase portion of the watch? For time, anyone can use the atomic clock. But what about the moon phase? And how accurate is it considering the moon cycle is a bit erratic?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Beautiful!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Congratulations on both events.Your daughters wedding and a true wonder of a timepiece.This is one watch that will be able to out live many generations.Enjoy and wear it in great health.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Setting the Perpetual Calendar

BTW, crazy question, I know; but, how does an user of the IWC watch line up the moon phase portion of the watch? For time, anyone can use the atomic clock. But what about the moon phase? And how accurate is it considering the moon cycle is a bit erratic?

The amazing thing about this perpetual calendar is that all the functions are controlled by the crown. You do not have to know or set the moon phases. The watch is designed so that it knows the correct moon phase as you set via the hour and minute hands the month day and date and year. It is a quite remarkable engineering and mathematical solution. And, once set, it will only miss one moon phase in the next 577.5 years. You cannot adjust the functions backward in time. It has to go back to the factory if you accidentally advance the date or year to far ahead. If you get off my a day or so, you just hack the second hand and let the real world catch up.

Bill

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
What a very appropriate watch to go with such a special occasion for the family, especially your daughter Bill.

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

and thanks for sharing your joy on both fronts with us.

My best wishes to the young newly-weds too.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Wow! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's it - I'm no longer talking to you!!!! :001_rolleyes: :T :laugh:

What a great timepiece! Looks absolutely stunning, and I'm sure it's much better in person even. Congrats!! And congrats on the daughters wedding!

Now, do be sure to put LOTS of pictures in the IWC forum!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
New arrival just in time for my daughter's wedding...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Friday, the day before by daughter's wedding, I had the opportunity to buy a new IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar for this very special occasion in my family. I had been expecting to get a WG Perpetual Calendar, but this RG one became available at my AD and I jumped on it to wear to the wedding and the reception. I am so happy with the two new additions to my family. My new son-in-law and my new IWC.

This is a quick couple of shots of this beauty. More photos will follow as I get the professional shots from the wedding. The Perpetual Calendar is a very special watch. All functions are controlled from the crown and it will only miss one moon phase in the next 577.5 years, not that I or my great-great-great grandchildren will know. The watch has many complications: day, date, month, four-digit year display, and the moon phases as well as a power reserve display and small seconds hand. This watch has a 7 day power reserve. It utilizes the Automatic Pellaton winding system. The crystal is AR coated with a back display crystal as well. It is 42.3 mm with a height of 15.6 mm.

Bill

Bill
All I can say is:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool

Regards
Bob:D

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
The amazing thing about this perpetual calendar is that all the functions are controlled by the crown. You do not have to know or set the moon phases. The watch is designed so that it knows the correct moon phase as you set via the hour and minute hands the month day and date and year. It is a quite remarkable engineering and mathematical solution. And, once set, it will only miss one moon phase in the next 577.5 years. You cannot adjust the functions backward in time. It has to go back to the factory if you accidentally advance the date or year to far ahead. If you get off my a day or so, you just hack the second hand and let the real world catch up.

Bill
:eek: That is AMAZING! :eek: That is truly fine craftsmanship. WOW! I am so jealous. I have been in the IWC forum and asking questions, looking online, etc.; but, the more I hear of IWC, the more I like them. Quite stunning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts