WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, the day before by daughter's wedding, I had the opportunity to buy a new IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar for this very special occasion in my family. I had been expecting to get a WG Perpetual Calendar, but this RG one became available at my AD and I jumped on it to wear to the wedding and the reception. I am so happy with the two new additions to my family. My new son-in-law and my new IWC.

This is a quick couple of shots of this beauty. More photos will follow as I get the professional shots from the wedding. The Perpetual Calendar is a very special watch. All functions are controlled from the crown and it will only miss one moon phase in the next 577.5 years, not that I or my great-great-great grandchildren will know. The watch has many complications: day, date, month, four-digit year display, and the moon phases as well as a power reserve display and small seconds hand. This watch has a 7 day power reserve. It utilizes the Automatic Pellaton winding system. The crystal is AR coated with a back display crystal as well. It is 42.3 mm with a height of 15.6 mm.

Bill

·
Registered
129 Posts
congrats x 2- a new family member and a son in law :)

truly a thing of beauty.

here's to many years of enjoyment.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@sweetpea,

Actually, the IWC Perpetual Calendar designed by Kurt Klaus is the epitome of efficiency and simplicity. All of the functions are set by the crown. You set the day, date, month and eventually the year like you would any watch. The moon phases are programed to be automatically correct based on the day, date, month, year setting. In fact, the watch will only miss one moon phase in 577.5 years. And an even more amazing feat of engineering, the PP knows automatically which years are a leap year, which months are less than 31 days. What a wonder of engineering and design.

Bill

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
My Congratulations on both counts Bill. What a special occasion that must have been.

It's a wonderful watch. A magnificent piece which truly leaves me speechless.

Won't dare ask how far Jupiter is...

Be well friends

ZIN

·
Registered
260 Posts
i will trade you two omegas and a rolex, deal? :)

very nice!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts