WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i am a watch lover and was googleing on the net to learn more about my new watch ( pro diver 8926A )
and found this forum.
I hope to get some answers about it here .

I`ve got some questions already, like;

1.why is there a difference in the bezel.

2.Why are there two different movements (in the same model) , mine has the NH35A movement.

Greetz; DutchWatchnewbie

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,i am a watch lover and was googleing on the net to learn more about my new watch ( pro diver 8926A )
and found this forum.
I hope to get some answers about it here .

I`ve got some questions already, like;

2.Why are there two different movements (in the same model) , mine has the NH35A movement.

Greetz; DutchWatchnewbie
The bezel is traditional for dive watches for tracking elapsed dive time from an initial time set to the minute hand. My understanding is that the larger sized gradations are for the more important time increments when diving. Why, I don't know. Would I use a 200 meter watch to dive with, no way.

I'm not certain what you mean by different movements. I like the NH35A movement is a Seiko movement; there is a sticky on the Invicta forum with a lot of information on the movements.

Regarding the bezel, here is a good link for more info.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/how-read-diving-bezel-48141.html

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts

Greetz; DutchWatchnewbie
Welcome to the forum!!!

What do you mean by different bezels? Are you refering to the color, or different markings, or coin edge vs. scalloped edge? These are all personal preference and have no real effect on the function of the watch. Different strokes for different folks.

Invicta has used three different automatic movements (excuding quartz) in the Pro and Grand Divers. The first was the Miyota 8015, then the Seiko NH25A, and they seem to have settled on the Seiko NH35A. I would guess that cost, and availability are the biggest factors in the decision on what to use. The NH35A my be the best overall. Hand winding and hackable with great accuracy.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well the NH35A also comes in two version, one from Malaysia and the other from Japan. And regarding the bezel I believe the question is regarding the units of measure's rule; typically dives are 15 minutes in length; the first fifteen minutes are most important that is why they have better readability.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Its really just personal preference. Rolex features the coin edge and Omega features the scalloped edge so Invicta decided to incorporate both.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.