WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my first automatic, an Invicta Grand Diver Model 11752. So far, I am very happy with the purchase, the watch looks and feels nice on my wrist. I will comment more in the next few weeks about durability and accuracy. Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Gauge
Watch Analog watch Clock Gauge Watch accessory
Watch Clock Communication Device Watch accessory Measuring instrument
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congratulation, on your newest addition!!!!!

I hope it get's more wrist time, than all your other watches.

But as you should know, I am very partial to Grand Diver's.

1-10, where do you put the comfort level, on the strap?

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulation, on your newest addition!!!!!

I hope it get's more wrist time, than all your other watches.

But as you should know, I am very partial to Grand Diver's.

1-10, where do you put the comfort level, on the strap?

Tim
So far, it's a strong 9. The most comfortable one I have is the rubber that came on my Subaqua Noma III. The poly is a close second. I am starting to become partial to the divers myself, the watches I've been looking at lately are all automatic divers in the 44-47mm range. I guess when your a new collector those big watches with all the complications are a draw, especially when you can get them at the pricepoint I got them at. I believe the pro/grand divers will be my choice for my next few watches, looking at some other brands. Deep Blue has some nice divers as well as Renato. Got to start saving though, they cost a little more than Invicta. Any brand suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ah, branching out for the odd duck, for your collection.
Of course, first, put a punch list of what your looking for, then ask for opinions.

Keep in mind, almost any watch that’s named, an equivalent from invicta can be had for less.
Invicta, does allow us to get a legitimate watch, that is worth the money we pay for it.
See below.

tim

Example, if you were looking, at Dive Type Watches.

Must haves...

Under $ 600.
VERY high level of fit/finish/detail
Applied indices (no printed dials)
Great lume
Automatic
Bigger than 42mm smaller than 49mm
Sapphire or ceramic bezel
Sapphire Crystal
Great quality bracelet

Deep Blue, Alpha Marine & Sun Diver, are allot of watch for the money, if you shop around.

A Seiko Sumo, Hardlex Crystal ( Seiko Hardened Mineral Glass)

Helson, Shark Diver

Steinhart, Ocean II

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like the steinhart's.
Swiss made watches for little money.:cool1:

Another hidden Swiss/German Brand that is value for moneey. Kadloo International

Btw, nice Invicta especially the NH35 movement.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking choices Tim, partial to the Deep Blue's myself. I'm going to do some looking around, got to find something to spend my tax return on.:drool: And thanks 9PM, you probably wouldn't believe the price. Included a 3-slot dive box and portable watch winder.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great looking choices Tim, partial to the Deep Blue's myself. I'm going to do some looking around, got to find something to spend my tax return on.:drool: And thanks 9PM, you probably wouldn't believe the price. Included a 3-slot dive box and portable watch winder.
OK on the 3 slot case, AND a watch winder!!!!!!

Whats next on the add in's, a happy ending with lotus flower? :T

You know, I was on the Invicta web site this morning, I picked Pro Diver, which the Grand Diver's are included, then I went to the right and searched the collection, using men as the only filter.

1130 mens divers, even though the current collection only has 816.
It shows some of the older models,

Also, I keep an eye out for some of the used ones, that catch my eye, like the one below.

The guys states Oris knock-off, he's right, kinda looks like an Oris.
Sapphire Crystal, Swiss Selitta 200 Auto Movement, Black Mother of Pearl, If it hasn't sold, which I'm pretty sure it won't, I will e-mail a realistic offer, right after the auction ends at 8pm my time.

An after auction offer is how I picked up my new with tags, never worn, still factory plastic wrapped, Grand Speedway with free shipping, $100.
Again the Grand Diver to me, is a great size, weight, fit, finish, price point, watch for me to purchase.
They haven't made that one for a couple of years, and I wouldn't think twice about wearing it out, for the price I paid.

Some guys who collect, would never be caught dead, with an Invicta, they have the disposable means to inve$t in watches that they can flip for little or no cost.
I do not collect to flip, I collect for my own personal satisfaction.

With an Invicta, I will never be able to walk into a pawn shop and say, I need a loan, like I did with my other watches.
But I am wearing, enjoying, collecting, accessorizing, taking apart- modifying, these more than all my other watches put together. :biggrin:

I have have about 14 saved daily searches on fleabay with email alerts, on older Invicta's, that I am looking to get.
I have a Gen Rolex Daytona-W/F, paid $7,400. for it new, I was obsessed with having one, for over a year.
Most of the Grand Divers, I get around $100, but even at $150, that 7400 would buy me 49 Grand Divers.

What ever you decide to get, I am sure, you will enjoy it.

Tim

·
Registered
176 Posts
So far, it's a strong 9. The most comfortable one I have is the rubber that came on my Subaqua Noma III. The poly is a close second. I am starting to become partial to the divers myself, the watches I've been looking at lately are all automatic divers in the 44-47mm range. I guess when your a new collector those big watches with all the complications are a draw, especially when you can get them at the pricepoint I got them at. I believe the pro/grand divers will be my choice for my next few watches, looking at some other brands. Deep Blue has some nice divers as well as Renato. Got to start saving though, they cost a little more than Invicta. Any brand suggestions would be appreciated.
Take a look at Boschett. I purchased the Harpoon and absolutely love it! A lot of watch for the money and excellent customer service. Congrats on the new Invicta.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the great suggestions. And to you Tim for all the knowledge you provide. Your really making my choice harder and harder but it's ok, these are the problems I like (Hummmmm, what watch will I get today). I perfer a new, not used watch so I will check the usual spots. I have bought 1 from ebay, a Subaqua Nitro # 0406 and it came exactly as described, new and unworn. Let's see what I can come up with, I'll keep you informed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.