WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice watch.
Funny thing my wife just purchased one from him for me too :)
Was there any issues with US customs and how long was the shipping?

Now I'm doing the Jiffy bag dance in anticipation.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks OliverB, I like it too. Looking to pick up a stainless model with blue dial next, or perhaps a railroad model. Good deal Magnetchief, I'm sure you'll like it. No problems with customs but shipping did take awhile.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thanks Eric.
I did wonder about the customs issue.
I picked out a spaceview. I was torn between that and one of his Omegas.
I think She paid the upper end of the online market. But, with his reputation and the quality I was happy to advise her on what to purchase.
This is the one I'm waiting for. Hope it gets here before the end o the month. We are off on a Transatlantic Queen Mary cruise. Would like to take it with me. Watch Clock Finger Nickel Wrist

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
On all but one occasion, shipping between Ludmil and myself took between 10-15 days. On that one occasion, it took 5 weeks!! Boy, did I sweat that one - actually TWO watches being returned form servicing. He does say it can take up to 5 weeks. Customs does some strange things with packages. From the U.K. to the East Coast U.S. I have experienced the longest average ship times. Strange. A Russian watch shipping from Germany recently took a little more than one week.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magnetchief, nice choice with a Spaceview. Someday I may land one. As for price range, you may be correct but as I've seen on this site he has a great reputation, and the watches speak for themselves. Accutronalpha214, thanks. The dial is an unusual color that made it tricky for me to pick out a replacement band. Although the band that came with the watch looks decent with the contrast stitching, I wanted to replace it. I ended up with a dark brown, ring lizard with gold buckle that's in transit. Hey, your wife needs to understand. I always tell mine that I could be into worse things, like expensive car projects that have me out in the garage at all hours, and never get completed. :biggrin:

Here's a pic of my current, small (but growing) Accutron collection. Three barely qualifies it as a collection, but hey, you have to start somewhere and when I joined this forum I believe I only had a Caravelle transistorized!

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

Eric

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
In my book that counts as a collection and a nice one at that. I think you are being smart getting high quality watches.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Magnetchief's Spaceview.

I have nothing substantive to add to the shipping discussion but I bought a watch from China and had it in 4 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.