WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Negotiations have reached a critical stage. . .

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Knight Watchman 
#1 ·
I need a little advice here, chaps. I am negotiating for a Hammie Field Automatic, since my 42mm watch that I ordered in December is now on back-order until April.

My watch that I am bidding. . . er. . . negotiating for has a sstl bracelet and none of my Hamilton watches have come with a factory issue bracelet. Sooooo, are there any issues in sizing a Hammie bracelet that I should know about in advance of me entering the critical phase of negotiations?

Any tiny collars to contend with. . . difficult friction pins? Please advise.

#3 ·
I sized both the Khaki chrono and Navy Sub; no problems, and I use home made tools and a mallet!...one has collars, forget which one, but easy; not as easy as the Seamaster, but way easier than the Seiko divers I have.

I find it hardest to take the bracelet off at the end links where the spring bars are, for that I use modified dental tools. The khaki chrono auto spring bars are very tight the navy sub, not as much.

#8 ·
Well, I just learned that my foray into the world of online auctions has paid a dividend. .. I hope. I won a Hamilton Field Chrono automatic, 42mm for $171.

It is a watch that is no longer in the current catalog but still a nice looking piece and on a bracelet to boot.

Pic is from the vendor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.